West Ham deny Chelsea bid for Parker as Spurs pull out of the running
Options are starting to look limited for Hammers star man
West Ham have revealed that the club is yet to receive an offer for their star midfielder Scott Parker.
Last season’s Football Writers’ Player of the Year, who turns 31 in October, is thought to be attracting interest from a host of clubs, including Tottenham Hotspur, Aston Villa and most recently Chelsea.
However, contrary to reports elsewhere, the club have confirmed that there have been no approaches made for the player.
“We’ve had no approach from any clubs officially,” David Sullivan told Sky Sports News. “We keep hearing rumours and I’d be wrong to comment further.
You may also want to watch:
“We’d love a deal, and this has been mooted, that we’ll loan him out for the season for a substantial fee and when we get promotion he comes back to us.
“That sort of deal would appeal to us because we love Scot. We’re not desperate for anything. You know we’d obviously love a loan fee. He has substantial value and has three or four years left of his career.”
- 1 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 4 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 5 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 6 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 7 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 8 Hackney people encouraged to shop local for April 12 reopening
- 9 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 10 Delivery service helps local shops in Hackney, Islington and Tower Hamlets
With Chelsea’s Ghanaian midfielder Michael Essien ruled out for at least six months following a knee operation, it was suggested that new Blues manager Andre Villas-Boas was interested in taking Parker to Stamford Bridge on loan for the season.
Tottenham are another club who have been linked but it seems that interest has cooled. While Spurs have previously been interested in Scott Parker, London24 understands that Tottenham have abandoned their chase for West Ham’s talisman, and will not be bidding for the 30-year-old.
Parker has been training with the West Ham squad on their pre-season tour in Switzerland, although it is thought that tonight’s game against FC Basel will come too early for the midfielder to feature.
Hammers boss Sam Allardyce revealed that he has held talks with Parker and his England colleagues Robert Green and Carlton Cole and is hopeful that at least one of the trio will stay at the club.
“We sat down and chatted and they said they were happy to do their pre-season training with us and see what happened,” he said.
“If the right sort of bid comes in for a player then we would have to look at it and we would certainly keep the player aware of what is going on.
“I am hopeful that they won’t all be leaving.”