West Ham’s Valon Behrami sad after Roma deal collapses
Swiss star promises to give his all for the Hammers
WEST HAM midfielder Valon Behrami has re-affirmed his commitment to West Ham after his desired move to side Roma fell through.
The 25-year-old Swiss international had his heart set for a move to the Italian capital, but when the Serie A giants allegedly only wanted the midfielder on loan rather than permanently, the move fell through.
Behrami, whose young family are now based in Rome, was clearly upset that a deal between the clubs could not be reached, but has promised to give his all for the Hammers cause.
“I am disappointed the deal failed to go through - that is for certain,” he said in The Sun.
You may also want to watch:
“This club has given me a lot of things and helped me when I was injured.
“I never want it to look like I want to leave because it is difficult.
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 3 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 4 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 5 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 6 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 7 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 8 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 9 Hackney school pupils bag top spots in national architecture competition
- 10 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
“The club knows I had a personal private problem in my life. I tried to go back to Italy to solve this problem.
“We didn’t find the right solution and I am happy to stay here.
“I never tried to move to any other club in England or Germany or wherever. I am here and I will give 100 per cent for this club and the supporters.”
“In the last three weeks, the manager and the chairman have both helped me a lot because they understood the situation. Of course in football, there is the business side as well.
“We didn’t find the right solution for the club and for me.”