West Ham trio set to return for Chelsea match
Tal Ben Haim, Winston Reid and Valon Behrami back in contention for Hammers
Tal Ben Haim, Winston Reid and Valon Behrami are in contention for Saturday’s match against Chelsea at Upton Park.
The trio have all been put through their paces at the Chadwell Heath training ground or on international duty and are likely to be available for boss Avram Grant as the Hammers prepare to face the champions.
As is goalkeeper Robert Green who was forced to miss England’s two European Championship qualifiers with a hipproblem.
New loan signing Victor Obinna could make his debut and is available for selection to compete with Freddie Piquionne and Carlton Cole for a starting berth, while deadline day signing Lars Jacobsen is also available.
You may also want to watch:
Two men who are likely to miss out are Danny Gabbidon and Thomas Hitzlsperger.
Defender Gabbidon tweaked his hamstring in training last week and missed Wales’ 1-0 qualifying defeat to Montenegro last Friday.
- 1 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 2 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 3 Homerton gardens renamed to sever slave trader ties and celebrate community hero
- 4 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 5 £3m Hackney Central station revamp begins
- 6 Calling anyone born on this day in 1982 for a documentary
- 7 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
- 8 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 9 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 10 Sistah Space launches charity shop to help domestic abuse survivors
The former Cardiff player has had problems with his hamstrings in the past, but is likely to be fit for the trip to Stoke the following Saturday.
German midfielder Hitzlsperger has failed to recover from the thigh injury which has kept him out for four weeks, though he may not be back for the trip to the Potteries.
It is likely Grant will assess the fitness of Mexican Pablo Barrerra when he returns to the UK on Friday. The winger played 55 minutes in his countries 1-0 friendly win over Colombia.