What’s on Hackney this weekend
- Credit: Archant
Check out the following events in Hackney this weekend:
Listen to Justin Timberlake and Snoop Dogg at the Wireless Festival. Doors open from noon, at Queen Elizabeth Park, London, E20. Costs £64.50 (for Hackney residents), visit www.ticketmaster.co.uk.
Watch the true life story of Julian Assange, founder of WikiLeaks in We Steal Secrets: The Story of WikiLeaks. From 6.15pm, at Rio Cinema, Kingsland Road, Dalston, E8. Costs £10, call 020 7241 9410.
Tap your feet to the music of Balkan troubadours La Mort Subite. From 8.30pm, at Shoreditch Town Hall, 380 Old Street, Shoreditch, EC1V. Tickets cost £8, call 020 7739 6176.
You may also want to watch:
Don’t take criticism personally – learn how to handle criticism constructively and not to let it stop you. From 11.30am, at CLR James Library, Dalston Square, Dalston, E8. Free, call 020 7836 6688.
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 3 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 4 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 5 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 6 Union votes to strike over cuts at Hackney schools
- 7 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 8 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 9 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 10 Hackney school pupils bag top spots in national architecture competition
Celebrate London’s diverse communities at the New Voices Festival featuring bands, carnival processions, dance troupes and food. From noon, at Museum of Childhood, Cambridge Heath Road, E2. Free, call 020 8983 5200.
Buy some pre-loved baby and children’s stuff or get a tattoo at London Fields Playgroup’s Big Jumble Sale, featuring a range of things for sale. From 2pm, at St Michael and All Angels Community Hall, Lavender Grove, London Fields, E8. Free, email email@example.com.
Have fun and save the environment at the same time at Arcola Green Sundays, part of the Dalston People’s Festival. From 10am, at Arcola Theatre, Ashwin Street, Dalston, E8. Free, call 020 8211 1895.
Revisit annual fixture the Shoreditch Festival and enjoy outstanding music and theatre in association with the Barbican. From noon, at Hoxton Street, Hoxton, N1. Free, call 020 7033 8523.
Watch Blues in the Night, a unique show which examines the relationships of three women with one loser guy through music only. From 7.30pm, at Hackney Empire, 291 Mare Street, Hackney Central, E8. Costs from £10, call 020 8985 2424.