What’s on Hackney this weekend
- Credit: Archant
Check out the following events in Hackney this weekend:
Listen to Justin Timberlake and Snoop Dogg at the Wireless Festival. Doors open from noon, at Queen Elizabeth Park, London, E20. Costs £64.50 (for Hackney residents), visit www.ticketmaster.co.uk.
Watch the true life story of Julian Assange, founder of WikiLeaks in We Steal Secrets: The Story of WikiLeaks. From 6.15pm, at Rio Cinema, Kingsland Road, Dalston, E8. Costs £10, call 020 7241 9410.
Tap your feet to the music of Balkan troubadours La Mort Subite. From 8.30pm, at Shoreditch Town Hall, 380 Old Street, Shoreditch, EC1V. Tickets cost £8, call 020 7739 6176.
You may also want to watch:
Don’t take criticism personally – learn how to handle criticism constructively and not to let it stop you. From 11.30am, at CLR James Library, Dalston Square, Dalston, E8. Free, call 020 7836 6688.
- 1 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 2 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 3 Your Paper, Your Voice: We want to hear from you
- 4 'Betrayal of Tottenham Hotspur': fans slam European Super League plan
- 5 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
- 6 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 7 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 8 Roads, Museum of the Home, Living Wage and child exploitation
- 9 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 10 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
Celebrate London’s diverse communities at the New Voices Festival featuring bands, carnival processions, dance troupes and food. From noon, at Museum of Childhood, Cambridge Heath Road, E2. Free, call 020 8983 5200.
Buy some pre-loved baby and children’s stuff or get a tattoo at London Fields Playgroup’s Big Jumble Sale, featuring a range of things for sale. From 2pm, at St Michael and All Angels Community Hall, Lavender Grove, London Fields, E8. Free, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have fun and save the environment at the same time at Arcola Green Sundays, part of the Dalston People’s Festival. From 10am, at Arcola Theatre, Ashwin Street, Dalston, E8. Free, call 020 8211 1895.
Revisit annual fixture the Shoreditch Festival and enjoy outstanding music and theatre in association with the Barbican. From noon, at Hoxton Street, Hoxton, N1. Free, call 020 7033 8523.
Watch Blues in the Night, a unique show which examines the relationships of three women with one loser guy through music only. From 7.30pm, at Hackney Empire, 291 Mare Street, Hackney Central, E8. Costs from £10, call 020 8985 2424.