What’s on in Hackney this weekend
- Credit: Archant
Here’s a snapshot of what’s on in Hackney this weekend:
Sit back and listen to Gary Barlow, Sinead O’Connor and Noah and the Whale perform with the BBC concert orchestra at a 2DAY concert. From 7pm, at Hackney Empire, Mare Street, Hackney, E8. From £25, call 020 8985 2424.
Boogie away to an African style music night featuring the incredible Thabani Band and fusing African rhythms and sweet soul grooves. From 8pm, at Hackney Attic, Hackney Picturehouse, 270 Mare Street, Hackney, E8. Costs £37, email email@example.com.
You may also want to watch:
Brush up on communication skills such as expressing yourself without putting the other person down and boost your confidence. From 11.30am, at Dalston CLR James Library, Dalston Square, E8. Free, call 020 7836 6688.
Walk down memory lane at an exhibition about family-run flower shop A. Brooks which was an integral part of Hoxton and reflects upon the personal lives of people in the shop and Hoxton’s wider identity. From 12pm, at Brooks Lodge, Hoxton Street, Hoxton, N1. Free, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Turner Prize winning artist holds exhibition in his former Hackney school
- 2 Tottenham squad is slowly taking shape but uncertainty remains
- 3 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 4 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 5 Mick Gosling tribute: 'A man of honesty and justice'
- 6 Free boat parties, stone-fired pizza and more this weekend in Hackney
- 7 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 8 Mick Gosling tribute: 'Political vision and flair'
- 9 Letter against the use of e-scooters on roads
- 10 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
Check out Spanish legend Pedro Almodovar’s latest film I’m So Excited about a group of people who face a life-threatening situation aboard a plane. From 12.10pm, 4.30pm, 6.50pm or 9.10pm at Hackney Picturehouse, 270 Mare Street, Hackney, E8. Costs £10, call 0871 902 5734.
Enjoy a jamming session with gypsy and klezmer musician Don Kipper, poet Adrian Lawerence, singer-songwriter Gethin Jones and soul singer Kaia, From 8pm, at Hackney Attic, Hackney Picturehouse, 270 Mare Street, E8. Costs £8, email: email@example.com.
Check out Oat Montien’s exhibition Ex-libris which focuses on his feelings of not belonging and seeking refuge in the world of books. From 10am, at The book Club, Leonard Street, Shoreditch, EC2A. Free, call 020 7684 8618.
Learn to spin your own ‘designer’ yarn at a workshop where you can even have a go on a beautiful antique spinning wheel. From 11am, at Fabrications, 7 Broadway Market. London Fields, E8. Costs £50, at 020 7275 8043.
Be enthralled by film The Tin Drum about a little German boy who does not want to grow up. Part of a double bill featuring post-World War II German film Lore. From 1pm, at Rio Cinema, 107 Kingsland Road, Dalston, E8. Costs £10, call 020 7241 9410.