What’s on in Hackney this weekend
- Credit: Archant
A short, sharp round-up of what’s on in Hackney this weekend:
Be entertained by circus mavericks Airealism who will take audiences on a gripping high-flying adventure with The Bleeding Hearts Circus cabaret. Stories will unfold on the ground and high up in the air on trapezes, silks, ropes and aerial hoops. From 7pm, at Hoxton Hall Theatre, 130 Hoxton Street, Hoxton, N1. Free, email email@example.com.
Explore the riches of contemporary Portuguese music with folk band Dead Combo and acoustic guitarist Norberto Lobo. From 7pm, at The Round Chapel Auditorium, 1D Glenarm Road, Clapton, E5. Free, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also want to watch:
Take part in football trials for the Westward Boys football club which is looking for recruits aged from five to nine years old. From 10am, at Victoria Park (St Marks Gate), Cadogan Terrace, Hackney, E9 . Free, call 0770 2091647.
Learn how to appreciate yourself more and accept your flaws, failures and ugly spots in a talk on self-acceptance. From 11.30am, at Shoreditch Town Hall, Old Street, Hackney, EC1V. Free, call 020 7836 6688.
- 1 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 2 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 3 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 4 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 5 'Betrayal of Tottenham Hotspur': fans slam European Super League plan
- 6 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
- 7 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 8 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 9 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 10 Your Paper, Your Voice: We want to hear from you
Dance until the small hours of the morning with music curated by members of jazz collective Loop Collective featuring African rhythms with dub basslines. From 8.30pm, at the Vortex Jazz Club, 11 Gillett Street, Stoke Newington, N16.
Check out Red Ballooon 86, an exhibition which offers a personal response to the 1986 Chernobyl disaster and tells the story of a ghostly boy wandering around an abandoned city in the Chernobyl exclusion zone. From 10am, at V&A Childhood Museum, Cambridge Heath Road, Bethnal Green, E2. Free, call 020 8983 5200.
Attend an annual Big Lunch community get-together which includes arts sessions, a barbecue, a hog roast, workshops in pandemonium drumming and football skills, TV dance auditions, a theatre performance and local musicians and bands. From noon, at Cre8 lifestyle centre, Eastway, Hackney, E9. Free, email email@example.com.
Listen to American singer-songwriter and guitarist Jessica Hoop in a one-off performance in aid of Macmillan Cancer Support. From 7pm, at Hoxton Hall Theatre, 130 Hoxton Street, Hoxton, N1. Free, email firstname.lastname@example.org.