What’s on in Hackney this weekend
- Credit: Archant
A short, sharp round-up of what’s on in Hackney this weekend:
Be entertained by circus mavericks Airealism who will take audiences on a gripping high-flying adventure with The Bleeding Hearts Circus cabaret. Stories will unfold on the ground and high up in the air on trapezes, silks, ropes and aerial hoops. From 7pm, at Hoxton Hall Theatre, 130 Hoxton Street, Hoxton, N1. Free, email email@example.com.
Explore the riches of contemporary Portuguese music with folk band Dead Combo and acoustic guitarist Norberto Lobo. From 7pm, at The Round Chapel Auditorium, 1D Glenarm Road, Clapton, E5. Free, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Take part in football trials for the Westward Boys football club which is looking for recruits aged from five to nine years old. From 10am, at Victoria Park (St Marks Gate), Cadogan Terrace, Hackney, E9 . Free, call 0770 2091647.
Learn how to appreciate yourself more and accept your flaws, failures and ugly spots in a talk on self-acceptance. From 11.30am, at Shoreditch Town Hall, Old Street, Hackney, EC1V. Free, call 020 7836 6688.
- 1 Jailed: 'Evil' Dalston rapist who tried to flee country by Eurostar
- 2 Boxpark reveals plans for Shoreditch rooftop garden
- 3 Stoke Newington residents go without running water for days
- 4 Half a million Mare Street flat to be auctioned for investment
- 5 MP Meg Hillier urges people to book boosters amid Omicron spread
- 6 Free Movember 'shave down' at Hackney salon
- 7 A fan of brussels sprouts? Then you'll love this Hoxton restaurant
- 8 Masks, PCR tests and boosters: New measures to combat Omicron variant
- 9 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 10 Great Christmas markets in and around north London
Dance until the small hours of the morning with music curated by members of jazz collective Loop Collective featuring African rhythms with dub basslines. From 8.30pm, at the Vortex Jazz Club, 11 Gillett Street, Stoke Newington, N16.
Check out Red Ballooon 86, an exhibition which offers a personal response to the 1986 Chernobyl disaster and tells the story of a ghostly boy wandering around an abandoned city in the Chernobyl exclusion zone. From 10am, at V&A Childhood Museum, Cambridge Heath Road, Bethnal Green, E2. Free, call 020 8983 5200.
Attend an annual Big Lunch community get-together which includes arts sessions, a barbecue, a hog roast, workshops in pandemonium drumming and football skills, TV dance auditions, a theatre performance and local musicians and bands. From noon, at Cre8 lifestyle centre, Eastway, Hackney, E9. Free, email email@example.com.
Listen to American singer-songwriter and guitarist Jessica Hoop in a one-off performance in aid of Macmillan Cancer Support. From 7pm, at Hoxton Hall Theatre, 130 Hoxton Street, Hoxton, N1. Free, email firstname.lastname@example.org.