What’s on in Hackney this weekend
- Credit: Archant
A short, sharp round-up of what’s on in Hackney this weekend
Learn about the benefits of cooking local, organic ingredients and the growing communities vegetable box scheme. From 11am, at Stamford Hill Library, Stamford Hill, N16. Free, call 020 8356 1708.
Check out the first solo UK exhibition of Eastern European artists Anetta Mona Chisa and Lucia Tkácováwho who seek to challenge established political and social orders. From 12pm, at 2 Clunbury Street, Hoxton, N1. Free, email email@example.com.
Listen to Turkey’s best-selling female author speak about the power of story-telling at the Stoke Newington literary festival. From 7pm, at Stoke Newington Town Hall, Stoke Newington Church Street, Stoke Newington, N16. Costs £7, call 08444 771 000.
You may also want to watch:
Buy a hand-made father’s day gift from a group of designers, artists and craft makers. From 2.30pm, at 103 Stoke Newington Road, Stoke Newington, N16. Free, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 2 Campaigners to protest at GP surgeries as outrage grows over US takeover
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 5 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 6 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 7 Hackney restaurant exhibits local artists with new art space
- 8 Newington Green's Meeting House to stream concert series for Mary Wollstonecraft's 262nd Birthday
- 9 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 10 Hackney service remembers Prince Philip, 'rock of the nation'
Refresh your summer wardrobe by altering or making over your existing clothes. From 2pm, at Fabrications, 7 Broadway Market. Hackney, E8. Costs £30, call 020 7275 8043.
Understand the effects long term stress can have on your health and well-being, what’s keeping you stuck in stressful patterns and stressing less to accomplish more. From 11.30am and 12.45pm, at Dalston CLR James Library, Dalston Square, Dalston, E8. Free, call 020 7836 6688.
Check out the Anatolian Cultural Fete, a week-long festival consisting of foods, crafts, international and local music, traditional costume dress-up, whirling dervishes, calligraphy and art exhibitions. From 11am, at Clissold Park, Stoke Newington Church Street, Stoke Newington, N16. Free, call 0207 6849 900.
Attend the Well Street Common Summer festival replete with football tournament, dog show, cake competition. Live music, Hackney Playbus, table tennis, crafts, stalls and BBQ. From 12pm, at Well Street Common, Hackney, E9. Free, call 020 8985 7422.
Listen to a classical music performance featuring violinist Lana Trotovšek and pianist Yoko Misumi. From 7pm, at Sutton House, 2 Homerton High Street, Homerton, E9. Costs £10, call 07505 609757.