What’s on in Hackney this weekend
- Credit: Archant
A short guide to what to do in Hackney this weekend:
Enjoy a photography workshop which takes inspiration from old masters of painting with photographer Holly Revell. From 7.30pm, at Hackney Downs Studios, 5-9 Amhurst Terrace, Hackney, E8. Costs £20, call firstname.lastname@example.org.
Watch Before Midnight, the last film in the Before trilogy about a couple which follows the romantic adventures of a couple who meet while travelling in Europe trying to navigate parenthood. From 1.15pm, 3.45pm, 6.15pm and 8.45pm, at Rio Cinema, 107 Kingsland High Street, E8. Costs £7.50, call 020 7241 9410.
Listen to one of the UK’s premier jazz duos pianist Andrew McCormack and saxophonist Jason Yarde. From 8.30pm, at The Vortex, Gilet Square, Dalston, E8. Costs £12.50, call 020 7254 4097.
You may also want to watch:
Explore different aspects of Roma culture in a fun arts and poetry workshop. From 2pm, at Hackney Central library, 1 Reading Lane, Hackney, E8. Free, call 020 8356 4358.
- 1 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 2 Your Paper, Your Voice: We want to hear from you
- 3 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 4 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 5 Roads, Museum of the Home, Living Wage and child exploitation
- 6 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 7 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 8 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
- 9 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 10 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
Be entertained by dance and art and raise money for the Spontaneous Combusion festival which aims to take the arts to those who are least likely to watch them. From 6pm, at Unit 4, White Post Lane, Queens Yard, Hackney Wick, E9. Free, email email@example.com.
Watch comedians Kojo, Eddie Kadi, Richard Blackwood and Slim in The UK Kings of Comedy. From 8pm, at the Hackney Empire, Mare Street, E8. Costs £17.50, call 0208 985 2424.
Experiment with different textures of paint, mixing in dust, glue and saw-dust, and play with ways of applying paint onto manipulated paper and canvas surfaces. From 2.30pm, at 14 Wharf Road, Hoxton, N1. Costs £5 per family, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join a fun filled afternoon of yoga, cycling and a picnic to celebrate Refugee Week. From 1pm, at Victoria Park, Grove Road, London, E9. Free (but donations welcome and bring food to share), email email@example.com.
Become Fit to Fight in a class which features fighting moves and funky grooves. For women only. From 5pm, at Sports centre, Falkirk Street, Hoxton, N1. Costs £5, email firstname.lastname@example.org.