What’s on in Hackney this weekend
- Credit: Archant
A short guide to what to do in Hackney this weekend:
Enjoy a photography workshop which takes inspiration from old masters of painting with photographer Holly Revell. From 7.30pm, at Hackney Downs Studios, 5-9 Amhurst Terrace, Hackney, E8. Costs £20, call email@example.com.
Watch Before Midnight, the last film in the Before trilogy about a couple which follows the romantic adventures of a couple who meet while travelling in Europe trying to navigate parenthood. From 1.15pm, 3.45pm, 6.15pm and 8.45pm, at Rio Cinema, 107 Kingsland High Street, E8. Costs £7.50, call 020 7241 9410.
Listen to one of the UK’s premier jazz duos pianist Andrew McCormack and saxophonist Jason Yarde. From 8.30pm, at The Vortex, Gilet Square, Dalston, E8. Costs £12.50, call 020 7254 4097.
Explore different aspects of Roma culture in a fun arts and poetry workshop. From 2pm, at Hackney Central library, 1 Reading Lane, Hackney, E8. Free, call 020 8356 4358.
- 1 Jailed: 'Evil' Dalston rapist who tried to flee country by Eurostar
- 2 Boxpark reveals plans for Shoreditch rooftop garden
- 3 Stoke Newington residents go without running water for days
- 4 Half a million Mare Street flat to be auctioned for investment
- 5 MP Meg Hillier urges people to book boosters amid Omicron spread
- 6 Free Movember 'shave down' at Hackney salon
- 7 A fan of brussels sprouts? Then you'll love this Hoxton restaurant
- 8 Great Christmas markets in and around north London
- 9 Masks, PCR tests and boosters: New measures to combat Omicron variant
- 10 South Hackney stabbing: Woman arrested and man left fighting for his life
Be entertained by dance and art and raise money for the Spontaneous Combusion festival which aims to take the arts to those who are least likely to watch them. From 6pm, at Unit 4, White Post Lane, Queens Yard, Hackney Wick, E9. Free, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Watch comedians Kojo, Eddie Kadi, Richard Blackwood and Slim in The UK Kings of Comedy. From 8pm, at the Hackney Empire, Mare Street, E8. Costs £17.50, call 0208 985 2424.
Experiment with different textures of paint, mixing in dust, glue and saw-dust, and play with ways of applying paint onto manipulated paper and canvas surfaces. From 2.30pm, at 14 Wharf Road, Hoxton, N1. Costs £5 per family, email email@example.com.
Join a fun filled afternoon of yoga, cycling and a picnic to celebrate Refugee Week. From 1pm, at Victoria Park, Grove Road, London, E9. Free (but donations welcome and bring food to share), email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Become Fit to Fight in a class which features fighting moves and funky grooves. For women only. From 5pm, at Sports centre, Falkirk Street, Hoxton, N1. Costs £5, email email@example.com.