What’s on in Hackney this weekend
- Credit: Archant
A short guide to what to do in Hackney this weekend:
Enjoy a photography workshop which takes inspiration from old masters of painting with photographer Holly Revell. From 7.30pm, at Hackney Downs Studios, 5-9 Amhurst Terrace, Hackney, E8. Costs £20, call firstname.lastname@example.org.
Watch Before Midnight, the last film in the Before trilogy about a couple which follows the romantic adventures of a couple who meet while travelling in Europe trying to navigate parenthood. From 1.15pm, 3.45pm, 6.15pm and 8.45pm, at Rio Cinema, 107 Kingsland High Street, E8. Costs £7.50, call 020 7241 9410.
Listen to one of the UK’s premier jazz duos pianist Andrew McCormack and saxophonist Jason Yarde. From 8.30pm, at The Vortex, Gilet Square, Dalston, E8. Costs £12.50, call 020 7254 4097.
You may also want to watch:
Explore different aspects of Roma culture in a fun arts and poetry workshop. From 2pm, at Hackney Central library, 1 Reading Lane, Hackney, E8. Free, call 020 8356 4358.
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 3 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 4 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 5 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 6 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 7 Union votes to strike over cuts at Hackney schools
- 8 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 9 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 10 Hackney school pupils bag top spots in national architecture competition
Be entertained by dance and art and raise money for the Spontaneous Combusion festival which aims to take the arts to those who are least likely to watch them. From 6pm, at Unit 4, White Post Lane, Queens Yard, Hackney Wick, E9. Free, email email@example.com.
Watch comedians Kojo, Eddie Kadi, Richard Blackwood and Slim in The UK Kings of Comedy. From 8pm, at the Hackney Empire, Mare Street, E8. Costs £17.50, call 0208 985 2424.
Experiment with different textures of paint, mixing in dust, glue and saw-dust, and play with ways of applying paint onto manipulated paper and canvas surfaces. From 2.30pm, at 14 Wharf Road, Hoxton, N1. Costs £5 per family, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join a fun filled afternoon of yoga, cycling and a picnic to celebrate Refugee Week. From 1pm, at Victoria Park, Grove Road, London, E9. Free (but donations welcome and bring food to share), email email@example.com.
Become Fit to Fight in a class which features fighting moves and funky grooves. For women only. From 5pm, at Sports centre, Falkirk Street, Hoxton, N1. Costs £5, email firstname.lastname@example.org.