What’s on in Hackney this weekend
- Credit: Archant
A short guide to what to do in Hackney this weekend:
Enjoy a photography workshop which takes inspiration from old masters of painting with photographer Holly Revell. From 7.30pm, at Hackney Downs Studios, 5-9 Amhurst Terrace, Hackney, E8. Costs £20, call firstname.lastname@example.org.
Watch Before Midnight, the last film in the Before trilogy about a couple which follows the romantic adventures of a couple who meet while travelling in Europe trying to navigate parenthood. From 1.15pm, 3.45pm, 6.15pm and 8.45pm, at Rio Cinema, 107 Kingsland High Street, E8. Costs £7.50, call 020 7241 9410.
Listen to one of the UK’s premier jazz duos pianist Andrew McCormack and saxophonist Jason Yarde. From 8.30pm, at The Vortex, Gilet Square, Dalston, E8. Costs £12.50, call 020 7254 4097.
Explore different aspects of Roma culture in a fun arts and poetry workshop. From 2pm, at Hackney Central library, 1 Reading Lane, Hackney, E8. Free, call 020 8356 4358.
- 1 Arrests for violent disorder following Dalston moped operation
- 2 Footage appearing to show officer striking man in Dalston under review
- 3 Operation to crack down on Dalston street robberies erupted into 'violence'
- 4 Two teenagers arrested following stabbing of 16-year-old
- 5 Three men convicted for Dalston shooting
- 6 'A horrific attack': Man suffers critical head injuries from Shoreditch fight
- 7 Stoke Newington: Pret 'sorry' after staff tell indy café 'we'll steal your customers'
- 8 Hackney man wanted by Surrey Police
- 9 Jailed: Hackney man sentenced for fatal hit-and-run
- 10 Speeding driver who killed elderly man in hit and run found guilty
Be entertained by dance and art and raise money for the Spontaneous Combusion festival which aims to take the arts to those who are least likely to watch them. From 6pm, at Unit 4, White Post Lane, Queens Yard, Hackney Wick, E9. Free, email email@example.com.
Watch comedians Kojo, Eddie Kadi, Richard Blackwood and Slim in The UK Kings of Comedy. From 8pm, at the Hackney Empire, Mare Street, E8. Costs £17.50, call 0208 985 2424.
Experiment with different textures of paint, mixing in dust, glue and saw-dust, and play with ways of applying paint onto manipulated paper and canvas surfaces. From 2.30pm, at 14 Wharf Road, Hoxton, N1. Costs £5 per family, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join a fun filled afternoon of yoga, cycling and a picnic to celebrate Refugee Week. From 1pm, at Victoria Park, Grove Road, London, E9. Free (but donations welcome and bring food to share), email email@example.com.
Become Fit to Fight in a class which features fighting moves and funky grooves. For women only. From 5pm, at Sports centre, Falkirk Street, Hoxton, N1. Costs £5, email firstname.lastname@example.org.