What’s on in Hackney this weekend
- Credit: Archant
Check out the following events in Hackney this weekend:
Watch shorts from emerging film-makers at a three-day festival, which is The Lab Film Festival. From 5pm, at Arbeit Gallery, Unit 4, White Post Lane, Queens Yard, London, Hackney Wick, E9. Costs £1, call 07531 574666
Listen to vintage jazz by Steve Coombe’s Hot Six ensemble including Harlem Swing and the Hot Jazz of the 1920s and 1930s. From 8.30pm, at the Hackney Attic, Hackney Picturehouse, 270 Mare Street, E8, Costs £6, email email@example.com
Dance to a mix of funk, soul & rare groove at Dugout. From 8pm, at Mascara Bar, 72 Stamford Hill, N16 6XS, Stoke Newington, N16. Free, email firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also want to watch:
Learn to use social media to build your profile at a Words of Colour Productions workshop. From 10.30am, at Dalston C.L.R. James Library Costs £70, call 0203 176 5646.
- 1 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 2 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 3 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 4 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 5 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 6 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 7 New Exhibition celebrates Hackney scenes
- 8 Hackney welcomes back eager gym-goers and swimmers
- 9 Delivery service helps local shops in Hackney, Islington and Tower Hamlets
- 10 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
Check out St-John-At-Hackney’s annual summer fete. From 11am, at Churchyard Gardens, Lower Clapton Road, Clapton, E5. Free, call 07956 934 768.
Go retro at an old-skool summer fair with bouncy castles, face painting, food, music, table top sale and other fun and games. From 12pm, a Sir Thomas Abney Primary School, Fairholt Road, Stoke Newington, N16. Costs £1, call 07947 043 229.
Enjoy a live Gypsy music and storytelling workshop with violins. From 2pm, at Homerton library, Homerton High Street, Homerton, E9. Free, call 020 8356 1690.
Find out how learning the Alexander Technique can help us reduce pain, move more easily and& improve the quality of our lives. From 10.30am, at Aden Grove, Hackney, N16. Costs £25, call 020 7254 9206
Celebrate African culture at Le Marche Africain which will feature food, fashion stalls and music. From 11am, at 5th Base Gallery, 23 Heneage Street, E1. Free, email email@example.com. A
Take your children to a Secret Garden storytelling and creative art session. From 1pm, at Abney Park, Stoke Newington High Street N16, call 020 7275 7557.