What’s on in Hackney this weekend
- Credit: Archant
Check out the following events in Hackney this weekend:
Watch shorts from emerging film-makers at a three-day festival, which is The Lab Film Festival. From 5pm, at Arbeit Gallery, Unit 4, White Post Lane, Queens Yard, London, Hackney Wick, E9. Costs £1, call 07531 574666
Listen to vintage jazz by Steve Coombe’s Hot Six ensemble including Harlem Swing and the Hot Jazz of the 1920s and 1930s. From 8.30pm, at the Hackney Attic, Hackney Picturehouse, 270 Mare Street, E8, Costs £6, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Dance to a mix of funk, soul & rare groove at Dugout. From 8pm, at Mascara Bar, 72 Stamford Hill, N16 6XS, Stoke Newington, N16. Free, email email@example.com
Learn to use social media to build your profile at a Words of Colour Productions workshop. From 10.30am, at Dalston C.L.R. James Library Costs £70, call 0203 176 5646.
- 1 Operation Mincemeat: Role of Hackney mortuary marked in Colin Firth film
- 2 Homerton LTN to be made permanent despite division among residents
- 3 CCTV: Dog walker helped raped woman, 19, call the police in Hackney
- 4 Loyal customers given shares in new craft beer company
- 5 Great Christmas markets in and around north London
- 6 Protesting workers in wage war with Hackney Council
- 7 Stoke Newington residents go without running water for days
- 8 Boxpark reveals plans for Shoreditch rooftop garden
- 9 Politicians urged to rethink plans for £600m waste incinerator
- 10 South Hackney stabbing: Woman arrested and man left fighting for his life
Check out St-John-At-Hackney’s annual summer fete. From 11am, at Churchyard Gardens, Lower Clapton Road, Clapton, E5. Free, call 07956 934 768.
Go retro at an old-skool summer fair with bouncy castles, face painting, food, music, table top sale and other fun and games. From 12pm, a Sir Thomas Abney Primary School, Fairholt Road, Stoke Newington, N16. Costs £1, call 07947 043 229.
Enjoy a live Gypsy music and storytelling workshop with violins. From 2pm, at Homerton library, Homerton High Street, Homerton, E9. Free, call 020 8356 1690.
Find out how learning the Alexander Technique can help us reduce pain, move more easily and& improve the quality of our lives. From 10.30am, at Aden Grove, Hackney, N16. Costs £25, call 020 7254 9206
Celebrate African culture at Le Marche Africain which will feature food, fashion stalls and music. From 11am, at 5th Base Gallery, 23 Heneage Street, E1. Free, email firstname.lastname@example.org. A
Take your children to a Secret Garden storytelling and creative art session. From 1pm, at Abney Park, Stoke Newington High Street N16, call 020 7275 7557.