What’s on in Hackney this weekend
- Credit: Archant
A short, sharp guide to what’s happening in Hackney this weekend:
Enjoy an outdoor water workout in a heated Olympic size pool. From 6.30pm, at London Fields Lido, London Fields Westside, E8. Costs £2, email toyah.d’firstname.lastname@example.org.
Listen to the BBC Concert Orchestra perform the work of Oscar-nominated lyricist Sammy Cahn who wrote hits such as Come Fly With Me, All The Way, Call Me Irresponsible and High Hopes. Sir Michael Parkinson is compere for the special Friday Night Is Music Night show. From 8pm, at Hackney Empire, 291 Mare Street, Hackney, E8. From £20, call 020 8985 2424.
Chill out with a jazz performance from Gilad and the Orient House Ensemble. From 8.30pm, at The Vortex Jazz Club, Gilet Square, Dalston, E8. Costs £12.50, call 020 7254 4097.
You may also want to watch:
Celebrate Father’s Day with a family day for children under five featuring sports activities, music, face painting, art and craft activities, and a barbecue. From 10.30am, at Sebright Children’s Centre, Haggerston Park, Queensbridge Road, E2. Free, call 020 7749 1210.
- 1 Lower Clapton restaurant to hold free meals event for struggling people
- 2 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 3 Jealous Dalston murderer stabbed victim through his heart with scissors
- 4 Lower Clapton blaze damages maisonette
- 5 Hackney mother seeks compensation after living with mice infestation
- 6 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 7 Parents raise thousands for home-learning supplies in Hackney and London
- 8 Community lifelines: Volunteer 'superheroes' feed Hackney people in need
- 9 Empty Hoxton car parks and garages to be turned into homes
- 10 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
Attend a one-day Found festival featuring cutting-edge electronic music and food. From 11am, at Haggerston Park, Audrey Street, Off Goldsmith’s Row. Hackney, E2. Costs £50 (discount available for Haggerston residents), contact email@example.com.
Work with period flowers to make a Victorian-style arrangement. From 1.30pm, at the Geffrye Museum, Kingsland Road, E8. Costs £30, call 020 7739 989.
Check out the exhibition Synthesis, featuring sculptor Deb Hoy, jeweller Tania Covo, artists Oliver Yu Chan and Sally Vanderpump. From 9am, at Trattoria Sapori, Newington Green, N16. Free, call 020 7354 8026.
Attend the Secret City Garden, an arts and community event celebrating Fairchild’s Garden which will feature exhibitions, food growing workshops, boules, table-tennis and a roof-top terrace. From noon, at Fairchild’s Garden (next to Ye Olde Ax), Hackney Road Recreational Ground, Hackney Road, E2. Free, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Be amazed by the rhythmic turning of the whirling dervishes as part of the closing ceremony of the Anatolian cultural festival. From 6.30pm, at Clissold Park, Stoke Newington Church Street, Stoke Newington, N16. Free, call 020 76849 900.