What’s on in Hackney this weekend
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Images
A short, sharp, round-up of mainly child-friendly events this weekend:
Encourage your child to dress up as a princess or knight at a medieval picnic where they can enjoy activities such as painting toy soldiers, making a shield or joining in with medieval games. From 10.30am, at the V&A Museum of Childhood, Cambridge Heath Road, Bethnal Green, E2. Free, call 020 8983 5200.
Design and make your own creepy bookmark from 2pm, at Dalston CLR James Library, Dalston Square, Dalston, E8. Free, call 020 7836 6688.
Attend the launch of the new hub at Hackney Central Library with music, refreshments and plenty of creative activities. For 12 to 17-year-olds. From 5.30pm, at Hackney Central, 1 Reading Lane, Hackney, E8. Free, email email@example.com.
You may also want to watch:
Get repair and maintenance advice at an open day for Hackney Street property residents, which will be followed by a fun day with games like bingo and dominoes. From 11am, at Nisbett Community Hall, Crozier Road, Homerton, E9. Free, call 07947 814511.
- 1 Covid cases drop in Hackney for the first time since May
- 2 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 3 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness
- 4 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 5 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder
- 6 All Points East: Radio 6 stage take-over plus more main stage acts
- 7 Hackney this weekend: A Jerk festival, bingo with a twist and more
- 8 'It's like toilet', say Dalston residents who have had enough of broken locks, rats and scaffolding
- 9 Pastor Morris tribute: 'We don’t know what would have happened to us if it wasn’t for him'
- 10 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
Learn how to trust your gut and forge a life ahead. From 11.30am, at Shoreditch Town Hall, 380 Old Street, EC1V. Free, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get your children to learn survival skills such as gathering food, cooking and building shelters. For eight-year-olds and above. WaterWorks, Lammas Road, Leyton, off Lea Bridge Road, E10. Free, call 020 8988 7566.
Play garden games, listen to summer sounds from The Toots, handle mini beasts and create glorious whirly windmills. From noon, at Geffrye Museum, Kingsland Road, Haggerston, E2. Free, email email@example.com.
Check out the winners of the Angela Carrington Awards, which celebrate open mic jazz singers. It will feature winner Karl Charity and runners-up Susan Henry, Alex Affolter and Leah Lawrence. From 8.30pm, at The Vortex Jazz Club, 11 Gillett Square, Dalston, E8. Costs £10, call 020 7254 4097.
Watch documentary about Hackney founder of the People’s Kitchem which uses leftover food to create delicious meals for homeless people. From 7pm, at Passing Clouds, 1 Richmond Road, London Fields, E8. Free, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Make your own flip book and learn all about healthy eating and exercise, and join the Great Grub Club for tips and information on healthy eating and exercise. From 2pm, at Dalston CLR James Library, Dalston Square, Dalston, E8. Free, call 020 7836 6688.
Develop your drawing skills and further your drawing practice at a life drawing class. From 7pm, at Hackney Downs Studios, 5-9 Amhurst Terrace, Hackney Downs, E8. Costs £12, email email@example.com.
Pick up a microphone and relay your stories about your best and worst journeys and anything else transport-related . From 7.30pm, at Hackney Attic, Hackney Picturehouse, 270 Mare Street, E8. Costs £3, email firstname.lastname@example.org.