What’s on in Hackney this weekend
- Credit: Archant
Check out a snapshot of what’s on in and around Hackney this weekend:
Check out the premiere of Fifth Estate, a thriller about WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange’s pursuit for the truth and his employee Daniel Domscheit-Berg. From 3pm, 6pm at 8.15pm at Rio Cinema, 107 Kingsland High Street, Dalston, E8. Costs from £7.50, call 020 7241 9410.
Attend a tea-making workshop and enjoy unlimited tea cocktails at Bluebird Teas. From 6.30pm, at Boxpark Shoreditch, Unit 32, Bethnal Green Road, Shoreditch, E1. Costs £20, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Enjoy a feast of different sounds such as noise-pop, post-grunge and psych-surf from an all-female line-up. From 8pm, at Power Lunches, 446 Kingsland Road Hackney, E8. Costs £4, visit www.powerlunchesltd.co.uk.
Listen to an alternative talk on neo-nomadism and lifestyle hackers about rethinking the way we live to increase quality of life and reduce costs. From 11am, at Lime Wharf, Vyner Street, E2. Free, book a ticket on https://lifestylehackers.eventbrite.co.uk.
- 1 Two shootings in Hackney as Walthamstow murder probe launched
- 2 Dalston Lane closure after rider taken to hospital
- 3 'Rest in peace child': Tributes paid to teenager stabbed to death
- 4 ‘Blimey’: Stoke Newington resident celebrates 109th birthday
- 5 Community bus serving Islington and Hackney cancelled after surging fuel prices
- 6 Man in 'life-threatening' condition after Hackney shooting
- 7 All Points East 2022: Gorillaz, Idles line-up and stage times
- 8 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 9 Met Office: Thunderstorm warning issued for London
- 10 Thousands attend UK Black Pride event in Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park
Learn how to improve your decision-making skills at a talk on making decisions. From 11.30am, at Dalston CLR James Library, Dalston Square, Dalston, E8. Free, call 020 7836 6688.
Laugh your sides off at an evening of comedy featuring Kojo and Jade from the Choice FM breakfast show. From 8pm, at Hackney Empire, 271 Mare Street, Hackney, E8. Costs £20.50, call 020 8985 2424.
Watch documentary 97% Owned which explores the issues arising from a privatised, debt-based money system that gives banks the power to create money, shape the economy, cause crises and push house prices out of reach. From 7pm, at Passing Clouds, 1 Richmond Road, E8. Free, email email@example.com.
Take part in an Influential Black Londoners trail around the house, discovering new individuals in each of our historic rooms, collecting stamps and stickers along the way. From noon, at Sutton House, Homerton High Street, Homerton, E9. Costs £6.90 (family price), email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Explore Bengal with a short talk on an aspect of Bengali lifestyle and a concert with musicians from the unique Grand Union Orchestra featuring much loved Bengali singers. From 3.45pm, at Rich Mix Arts Centre, Bethnal Green Road, E1. Free, email email@example.com.