What’s on in Hackney this weekend
- Credit: Archant
Check out a snapshot of what’s on in and around Hackney this weekend:
Check out the premiere of Fifth Estate, a thriller about WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange’s pursuit for the truth and his employee Daniel Domscheit-Berg. From 3pm, 6pm at 8.15pm at Rio Cinema, 107 Kingsland High Street, Dalston, E8. Costs from £7.50, call 020 7241 9410.
Attend a tea-making workshop and enjoy unlimited tea cocktails at Bluebird Teas. From 6.30pm, at Boxpark Shoreditch, Unit 32, Bethnal Green Road, Shoreditch, E1. Costs £20, email email@example.com.
Enjoy a feast of different sounds such as noise-pop, post-grunge and psych-surf from an all-female line-up. From 8pm, at Power Lunches, 446 Kingsland Road Hackney, E8. Costs £4, visit www.powerlunchesltd.co.uk.
You may also want to watch:
Listen to an alternative talk on neo-nomadism and lifestyle hackers about rethinking the way we live to increase quality of life and reduce costs. From 11am, at Lime Wharf, Vyner Street, E2. Free, book a ticket on https://lifestylehackers.eventbrite.co.uk.
- 1 Turner Prize winning artist holds exhibition in his former Hackney school
- 2 Tottenham squad is slowly taking shape but uncertainty remains
- 3 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 4 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 5 Mick Gosling tribute: 'A man of honesty and justice'
- 6 Free boat parties, stone-fired pizza and more this weekend in Hackney
- 7 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 8 Mick Gosling tribute: 'Political vision and flair'
- 9 Hackney 'unsung heroes' honoured in Mayor's civic awards
- 10 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
Learn how to improve your decision-making skills at a talk on making decisions. From 11.30am, at Dalston CLR James Library, Dalston Square, Dalston, E8. Free, call 020 7836 6688.
Laugh your sides off at an evening of comedy featuring Kojo and Jade from the Choice FM breakfast show. From 8pm, at Hackney Empire, 271 Mare Street, Hackney, E8. Costs £20.50, call 020 8985 2424.
Watch documentary 97% Owned which explores the issues arising from a privatised, debt-based money system that gives banks the power to create money, shape the economy, cause crises and push house prices out of reach. From 7pm, at Passing Clouds, 1 Richmond Road, E8. Free, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Take part in an Influential Black Londoners trail around the house, discovering new individuals in each of our historic rooms, collecting stamps and stickers along the way. From noon, at Sutton House, Homerton High Street, Homerton, E9. Costs £6.90 (family price), email email@example.com.
Explore Bengal with a short talk on an aspect of Bengali lifestyle and a concert with musicians from the unique Grand Union Orchestra featuring much loved Bengali singers. From 3.45pm, at Rich Mix Arts Centre, Bethnal Green Road, E1. Free, email firstname.lastname@example.org.