What’s on in Hackney this weekend
- Credit: Archant
A short, sharp guide to what’s on in Hackney this weekend:
Check out a Christmas Fayre replete with face-painting, animal balloons and cakes. From 3.15pm, at Berger Primary School, Anderson Road, Homerton, E9. Free, call 020 8985 6280.
Enjoy a musical line-up with Mercury Prize nominees NYPC (formerly New Young Pony Club), Manchester trumpeter Matthew Halsall, Stac, south Londoner Tawiah and soul songstress Alice Russell, for charity. From 7.30pm, at St John-at-Hackney Church, Lower Clapton Road, E5. Tickets £15, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Experience a Ghetto Lounge night bringing the spirit of Fela Kuti to life and reproduce the style and essence of the Beat Generation.
You may also want to watch:
From 10pm, at 11 Gillet Square, N16. Free, email email@example.com.
- 1 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 2 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 3 Homerton gardens renamed to sever slave trader ties and celebrate community hero
- 4 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 5 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
- 6 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 7 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 8 Sistah Space launches charity shop to help domestic abuse survivors
- 9 Twenty-five firefighters put out blaze at a Hackney shop
- 10 Calling anyone born on this day in 1982 for a documentary
Enjoy a community event featuring arts and crafts, hand-made decorative items and raffle prizes. From noon, at 103 Stoke Newington Road, Stoke Newington, N16. Free, call 07956905730.
Listen to a talk on Guardian Angels, which reveals how they hear what our hearts speak and accept us. From 11.30am, at Dalston CLR James Library, Dalston Square, E8. Free, call 0207 836 6688.
Celebrate Spanish culture at a mini festival with flamenco dance workshops for children, tapas, a flamenco concert, cakes, and an evening concert to launch the new album of musician Javier Moreno. From 11.30am, at Dalston Department Store, 3 Richmond Road, E8. Costs £4 (children) and £7 (adults), email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Enjoy a traditional Christmas craft fair full of creative stalls to inspire gift ideas. From noon, Hackney City Farm, 1a Goldsmiths Row, E2. Free, call 0207 729 6381.
Visit an African market with face-painting, glitter tattoos, a drumming circle and free children’s activities. From noon, at Gillett Square, N16. Free, email email@example.com.
Listen to a Christmas carols and the music of Haydn, Taverner and Górecki. From 7pm, at St John of Jerusalem, 9 Church Crescent, E9. Free (Collection for Hackney Winter night shelter), email firstname.lastname@example.org.