What’s on in Hackney this weekend
- Credit: Archant
A short, sharp guide to what’s on in Hackney this weekend:
Watch Pariah about a Brooklyn teenager juggle conflicting identities, and risk friendship, heartbreak and family in a desperate search for sexual expression. From 5.30pm, at Dalston CLR James Library Dalston Square E8. Free, email Natalieserena.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check out outdoor art installation Shadow Worlds about the living histories and lost memories of Belfast Road which have been transformed into magical light box images that shine through the windows of the terraced houses and warehouses making visible hidden stories that are otherwise untold. From 6.30pm, Belfast Road, N16. The By Campbell Works. Free, call 020 8356 3500.
Increase core strength, suppleness, eliminate toxins and learn how to fall at a Chinese Yoga, Tai Chi, Qi Gong class. From 7pm, at The Bath House Children’s Community Centre, 76 Shacklewell Lane, E8. Voluntary Donations, call 07981 589 881.
You may also want to watch:
Enjoy an animation taster workshop for young people aged 14 to 24 to create short animations inspired by the museum’s collection. From 12:30pm, at The Geffrye Museum of the Home, Kingsland Road, E2. Free, email email@example.com.
- 1 Lower Clapton restaurant to hold free meals event for struggling people
- 2 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 3 Jealous Dalston murderer stabbed victim through his heart with scissors
- 4 Lower Clapton blaze damages maisonette
- 5 Hackney mother seeks compensation after living with mice infestation
- 6 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 7 Parents raise thousands for home-learning supplies in Hackney and London
- 8 Community lifelines: Volunteer 'superheroes' feed Hackney people in need
- 9 Empty Hoxton car parks and garages to be turned into homes
- 10 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
Listen to author Jim Perrin read from his book Shipton and Tilman and promote his collection of short stories A Snow Goose. From 6.30pm, at Pages of Hackney Bookshop, 70 Lower Clapton Road, E5. Free, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Explore the theme of guilt trips and learn to be less hard on oneself. From 11.30am, at Shoreditch Town Hall, 380 Old Street, EC1V. Free, call 0207 836 668
Enjoy some non-traditional storytelling with a magical silhouette animation workshop. From 2.30pm, at Parasol unit foundation for contemporary art, Wharf Road, N1. Free, email email@example.com.
Mellow out with an afternoon of live music at Chats Palace featuring The Barker Band, Yngve & The Innocent plus the Petrels, Jo Whitney’s One Man Band, pop poet Guy Sangster Adams and special guests. From 4pm, at Chats Palace, 42-44 Brooksby’s Walk, E9. Costs £4, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Watch Italian double bill Shun Li and the Poet about a developing relationship between two outsiders; and The Great Beauty which explores the emotionally empty life of a former novelist. From 1pm, at 107 Kingsland High Street, E8. Costs £10, call 020 7241 9410.