What’s on in Hackney this weekend
- Credit: Archant
A short, sharp guide to what’s on in Hackney this weekend:
Watch Pariah about a Brooklyn teenager juggle conflicting identities, and risk friendship, heartbreak and family in a desperate search for sexual expression. From 5.30pm, at Dalston CLR James Library Dalston Square E8. Free, email Natalieserena.email@example.com.
Check out outdoor art installation Shadow Worlds about the living histories and lost memories of Belfast Road which have been transformed into magical light box images that shine through the windows of the terraced houses and warehouses making visible hidden stories that are otherwise untold. From 6.30pm, Belfast Road, N16. The By Campbell Works. Free, call 020 8356 3500.
Increase core strength, suppleness, eliminate toxins and learn how to fall at a Chinese Yoga, Tai Chi, Qi Gong class. From 7pm, at The Bath House Children’s Community Centre, 76 Shacklewell Lane, E8. Voluntary Donations, call 07981 589 881.
You may also want to watch:
Enjoy an animation taster workshop for young people aged 14 to 24 to create short animations inspired by the museum’s collection. From 12:30pm, at The Geffrye Museum of the Home, Kingsland Road, E2. Free, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 4 Hackney resident urges women to consider careers in construction
- 5 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 6 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 7 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 8 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 9 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
- 10 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
Listen to author Jim Perrin read from his book Shipton and Tilman and promote his collection of short stories A Snow Goose. From 6.30pm, at Pages of Hackney Bookshop, 70 Lower Clapton Road, E5. Free, email email@example.com.
Explore the theme of guilt trips and learn to be less hard on oneself. From 11.30am, at Shoreditch Town Hall, 380 Old Street, EC1V. Free, call 0207 836 668
Enjoy some non-traditional storytelling with a magical silhouette animation workshop. From 2.30pm, at Parasol unit foundation for contemporary art, Wharf Road, N1. Free, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mellow out with an afternoon of live music at Chats Palace featuring The Barker Band, Yngve & The Innocent plus the Petrels, Jo Whitney’s One Man Band, pop poet Guy Sangster Adams and special guests. From 4pm, at Chats Palace, 42-44 Brooksby’s Walk, E9. Costs £4, email email@example.com.
Watch Italian double bill Shun Li and the Poet about a developing relationship between two outsiders; and The Great Beauty which explores the emotionally empty life of a former novelist. From 1pm, at 107 Kingsland High Street, E8. Costs £10, call 020 7241 9410.