What’s on in Hackney this weekend
- Credit: Archant
A short, sharp guide to what’s on in Hackney this weekend:
Watch Pariah about a Brooklyn teenager juggle conflicting identities, and risk friendship, heartbreak and family in a desperate search for sexual expression. From 5.30pm, at Dalston CLR James Library Dalston Square E8. Free, email Natalieserena.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check out outdoor art installation Shadow Worlds about the living histories and lost memories of Belfast Road which have been transformed into magical light box images that shine through the windows of the terraced houses and warehouses making visible hidden stories that are otherwise untold. From 6.30pm, Belfast Road, N16. The By Campbell Works. Free, call 020 8356 3500.
Increase core strength, suppleness, eliminate toxins and learn how to fall at a Chinese Yoga, Tai Chi, Qi Gong class. From 7pm, at The Bath House Children’s Community Centre, 76 Shacklewell Lane, E8. Voluntary Donations, call 07981 589 881.
Enjoy an animation taster workshop for young people aged 14 to 24 to create short animations inspired by the museum’s collection. From 12:30pm, at The Geffrye Museum of the Home, Kingsland Road, E2. Free, email email@example.com.
- 1 Top Hackney cop moves on to get the force out of special measures
- 2 No Stansted Express trains for five days in August
- 3 Appeal: Victims feel 'extremely vulnerable' after bus sexual assaults
- 4 Investigation under way after fire and explosion at Shoreditch block
- 5 Man in 'life-threatening' condition after Hackney shooting
- 6 Ongoing gas leak after fire and explosion in Shoreditch
- 7 Housing plan for De Beauvoir estate approved – despite environmental concerns
- 8 Hackney Central: 25 flee from flats as fire breaks out in shop below
- 9 Police appeal for witnesses after Finsbury Park stabbing
- 10 Hackney hostel murder: Man jailed for repeatedly stamping on victim's head
Listen to author Jim Perrin read from his book Shipton and Tilman and promote his collection of short stories A Snow Goose. From 6.30pm, at Pages of Hackney Bookshop, 70 Lower Clapton Road, E5. Free, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Explore the theme of guilt trips and learn to be less hard on oneself. From 11.30am, at Shoreditch Town Hall, 380 Old Street, EC1V. Free, call 0207 836 668
Enjoy some non-traditional storytelling with a magical silhouette animation workshop. From 2.30pm, at Parasol unit foundation for contemporary art, Wharf Road, N1. Free, email email@example.com.
Mellow out with an afternoon of live music at Chats Palace featuring The Barker Band, Yngve & The Innocent plus the Petrels, Jo Whitney’s One Man Band, pop poet Guy Sangster Adams and special guests. From 4pm, at Chats Palace, 42-44 Brooksby’s Walk, E9. Costs £4, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Watch Italian double bill Shun Li and the Poet about a developing relationship between two outsiders; and The Great Beauty which explores the emotionally empty life of a former novelist. From 1pm, at 107 Kingsland High Street, E8. Costs £10, call 020 7241 9410.