What’s on in Hackney this weekend
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Images
What’s on in Hackney this weekend:
Check out exhibition Head Grammar, the first of two collaborative exhibitions between Transition Gallery and Weekend gallery, Los Angeles. From 10am, at Unit 25a Regent Studios, 8 Andrews Road, E8. Free, email email@example.com
Have fun at an annual family funfair for children and adults featuring rides, stalls and light refreshments. From 1pm, at Millfields Park (North), Lea Bridge Road, E5. Free entrance, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cook up a storm at the weekly Young Hackney Cooking Club for anyone interested in cooking. From 6.30pm, at Young Hackney Forest Road, 29 Forest Road, E8. Free, call 020 8356 2200.
You may also want to watch:
Join a cake decorating class and learn how to do all the fun decorations you’ve ever wanted to have on your cake. From 10am, at Bsix Sixth Form College, Kenninghall Road, E5. Free, call 02072494542.
- 1 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 2 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 3 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 4 Homerton gardens renamed to sever slave trader ties and celebrate community hero
- 5 Scenes from Ridley Road Market during lockdown captured by photographer
- 6 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 7 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
- 8 Calling anyone born on this day in 1982 for a documentary
- 9 Twenty-five firefighters put out blaze at a Hackney shop
- 10 £3m Hackney Central station revamp begins
Tone, strengthen and build a strong core. From 11am, at Shacklewell Lane, E8. Costs £6, call 07984966964.
Learn to swing and then dance the night away with a gypsy swing quartet. From 7.30pm, at Hackney Picturehouse, 270 Mare Street, E8. Costs £6, call 0871 902 5734.
Mellow out at The Hackney Proms which will feature Jazz music from the Screen including composers such as Henry Mancini, Quincey Jones and Johnny Dankworth. From 11:30am, at Town Hall, Stoke Newington Church Street, N16. Costs £12, visit www.hackneyproms.co.uk.
Check out a classical concert with pieces from Mozart, Hayden, Tchaikovsky and Sibelius. From 3pm, Sutton house, Homerton High Street, E9. Costs £10 (under-26s free), email email@example.com.
Do your bit for charity and drop off items in aid of the Syrian people at a stall being run by charity Hand in Hand for Syria. Items needed are nappies, baby wipes, women’s sanitary towels, children’s hats, colouring and exercise books, crayons, multivitamins for women, children the elderly. From 11am, at Rushmore Primary School, 79a Chatsworth Road, E5. Free, email firstname.lastname@example.org.