White rabbit making most of hopper fare on Hackney’s buses and trains
- Credit: Archant
A white rabbit has been taking full advantage of Sadiq Khan’s new hopper fare for London buses.
The bunny was snapped on the 254 in Hackney on Sunday and the image has gone viral after being posted on Twitter by fellow passenger Matt Hepburn.
He told the Gazette: “I got on the bus and spotted a rabbit sitting there looking quite relaxed. I found out who it belonged to – and both rabbit and owner were happily chilled, just going about their business on a Friday night.”
Another Twitter user revealed she had also seen the floppy-eared freeloader on the London Overground to Hackney. She said: “He’s very busy and important, rarely late.”
The posts have been shared thousands of times and led to many Hackney commuters claiming to have seen the bunny before.
You may also want to watch:
One said: “I have seen that bloody rabbit in Hackney. Was sure I was hallucinating.”
- 1 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 2 Lower Clapton blaze damages maisonette
- 3 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 4 Community lifelines: Volunteer 'superheroes' feed Hackney people in need
- 5 Empty Hoxton car parks and garages to be turned into homes
- 6 Hackney reviewing whether court ruling impacts low-traffic neighbourhoods
- 7 Parents raise thousands for home-learning supplies in Hackney and London
- 8 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 9 Sawing-in-half trick reaches century since first show in Finsbury Park
- 10 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse