White rabbit making most of hopper fare on Hackney’s buses and trains
- Credit: Archant
A white rabbit has been taking full advantage of Sadiq Khan’s new hopper fare for London buses.
The bunny was snapped on the 254 in Hackney on Sunday and the image has gone viral after being posted on Twitter by fellow passenger Matt Hepburn.
He told the Gazette: “I got on the bus and spotted a rabbit sitting there looking quite relaxed. I found out who it belonged to – and both rabbit and owner were happily chilled, just going about their business on a Friday night.”
Another Twitter user revealed she had also seen the floppy-eared freeloader on the London Overground to Hackney. She said: “He’s very busy and important, rarely late.”
The posts have been shared thousands of times and led to many Hackney commuters claiming to have seen the bunny before.
You may also want to watch:
One said: “I have seen that bloody rabbit in Hackney. Was sure I was hallucinating.”
- 1 Pastor Morris tribute: 'We don’t know what would have happened to us if it wasn’t for him'
- 2 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder
- 3 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 4 'It's like toilet', say Dalston residents who have had enough of broken locks, rats and scaffolding
- 5 £5.75m investment agreed for "historic" Clapton leisure centre
- 6 Students earn scholarships at top schools worth £150,000
- 7 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 8 Dangerously overloaded vans leaving New Spitalfields Market taken off the road
- 9 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 10 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted