White rabbit making most of hopper fare on Hackney’s buses and trains
- Credit: Archant
A white rabbit has been taking full advantage of Sadiq Khan’s new hopper fare for London buses.
The bunny was snapped on the 254 in Hackney on Sunday and the image has gone viral after being posted on Twitter by fellow passenger Matt Hepburn.
He told the Gazette: “I got on the bus and spotted a rabbit sitting there looking quite relaxed. I found out who it belonged to – and both rabbit and owner were happily chilled, just going about their business on a Friday night.”
Another Twitter user revealed she had also seen the floppy-eared freeloader on the London Overground to Hackney. She said: “He’s very busy and important, rarely late.”
The posts have been shared thousands of times and led to many Hackney commuters claiming to have seen the bunny before.
You may also want to watch:
One said: “I have seen that bloody rabbit in Hackney. Was sure I was hallucinating.”
- 1 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 4 Hackney resident urges women to consider careers in construction
- 5 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 6 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 7 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 8 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 9 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
- 10 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways