White rabbit making most of hopper fare on Hackney’s buses and trains
- Credit: Archant
A white rabbit has been taking full advantage of Sadiq Khan’s new hopper fare for London buses.
The bunny was snapped on the 254 in Hackney on Sunday and the image has gone viral after being posted on Twitter by fellow passenger Matt Hepburn.
He told the Gazette: “I got on the bus and spotted a rabbit sitting there looking quite relaxed. I found out who it belonged to – and both rabbit and owner were happily chilled, just going about their business on a Friday night.”
Another Twitter user revealed she had also seen the floppy-eared freeloader on the London Overground to Hackney. She said: “He’s very busy and important, rarely late.”
The posts have been shared thousands of times and led to many Hackney commuters claiming to have seen the bunny before.
One said: “I have seen that bloody rabbit in Hackney. Was sure I was hallucinating.”
- 1 Operation Mincemeat: Role of Hackney mortuary marked in Colin Firth film
- 2 Great Christmas markets in and around north London
- 3 Homerton LTN to be made permanent despite division among residents
- 4 CCTV: Dog walker helped raped woman, 19, call the police in Hackney
- 5 Protesting workers in wage war with Hackney Council
- 6 Loyal customers given shares in new craft beer company
- 7 Boxpark reveals plans for Shoreditch rooftop garden
- 8 Possible travel disruptions for central London this week
- 9 'It was like a scene from a movie': Hackney man facing jail for 2017 shooting
- 10 Stoke Newington residents go without running water for days