WikiHouse workspaces open at Olympic Park’s Here East tech hub
- Credit: Archant
A multi-million-pound centre for creative businesses is set to open at the Olympic Park’s tech hub Here East.
The Trampery on the Gantry, run by workspace firm The Trampery, and will provide 10,000 sq ft of “low-cost” studios, 80 per cent of which will be for the Hackney Wick creative community.
It will be the first studio in the world to be built using the “WikiHouse” system of open-sourced plans constructed with cheap materials.
It will feature 21 freestanding studios arranged as a “vertical village”.
The exterior of each one will pay homage to Hackney Wick’s innovators and landmarks from the past two centuries, including Lesney’s Matchbox Toys factory and Fridge Mountain.
You may also want to watch:
Here East CEO Gavin Poole said: “Over the past two years, the vision for The Trampery on the Gantry has taken shape, involving cutting edge design and construction techniques.
“The result is a truly groundbreaking home for London’s artists and creatives.”
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 3 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 4 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 5 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 6 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 7 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 8 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 9 Hackney school pupils bag top spots in national architecture competition
- 10 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service