WikiHouse workspaces open at Olympic Park’s Here East tech hub
- Credit: Archant
A multi-million-pound centre for creative businesses is set to open at the Olympic Park’s tech hub Here East.
The Trampery on the Gantry, run by workspace firm The Trampery, and will provide 10,000 sq ft of “low-cost” studios, 80 per cent of which will be for the Hackney Wick creative community.
It will be the first studio in the world to be built using the “WikiHouse” system of open-sourced plans constructed with cheap materials.
It will feature 21 freestanding studios arranged as a “vertical village”.
The exterior of each one will pay homage to Hackney Wick’s innovators and landmarks from the past two centuries, including Lesney’s Matchbox Toys factory and Fridge Mountain.
You may also want to watch:
Here East CEO Gavin Poole said: “Over the past two years, the vision for The Trampery on the Gantry has taken shape, involving cutting edge design and construction techniques.
“The result is a truly groundbreaking home for London’s artists and creatives.”
- 1 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 2 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 3 Homerton gardens renamed to sever slave trader ties and celebrate community hero
- 4 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 5 Calling anyone born on this day in 1982 for a documentary
- 6 £3m Hackney Central station revamp begins
- 7 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 8 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
- 9 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 10 Sistah Space launches charity shop to help domestic abuse survivors