Wilderton Road murder appeal: Police urge gate-crashed party revellers to get in touch after man, 20, stabbed to death
- Credit: Archant
Police have appealed for anyone who attended an 18th birthday party in Wilderton Road last night to get in touch, after a man was stabbed to death there after a fight broke out.
The party in Stamford Hill was apparently gate-crashed after being advertised on social media.
Despite being rushed to hospital at 1am the 20-year-old died three-and-a-half hours later.
A second victim – a 17-year-old youth – was also taken to hospital with a stab injury, and Scotland Yard has said his injuries are not life-threatening.
A third victim, aged 24, was found with a head injury and is also being treated in hospital.
You may also want to watch:
Det Ch Insp Andrew Packer, from the murder squad, who is leading the investigation said: “Another family has been left devastated by the senseless loss of a young life to knife crime, and we’re doing all we can to bring those responsible to justice.
“What we know so far is that all three of these victims appear to have been attending a large house party. I want to hear from anyone who was at that party, even if they didn’t witness the assaults - they may have some information that could help us piece together the course of events that led to this tragedy.
- 1 Covid cases drop in Hackney for the first time since May
- 2 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 3 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness
- 4 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 5 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder
- 6 'It's like toilet', say Dalston residents who have had enough of broken locks, rats and scaffolding
- 7 All Points East: Radio 6 stage take-over plus more main stage acts
- 8 Hackney this weekend: A Jerk festival, bingo with a twist and more
- 9 Pastor Morris tribute: 'We don’t know what would have happened to us if it wasn’t for him'
- 10 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
“We will continue to work tirelessly on this case, but as ever we need witnesses to come forward and tell us what they know.”
Anyone with information should call police on 101 quoting CAD 297sep22.
To remain anonymous contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or via the crimestoppers-uk.org website.