Wilderton Road murder: Two further arrests made over stabbing of DJ ‘Nanabanger’ Elyon Poku ahead of his funeral today
- Credit: police
Detectives investigating the murder of Elyon Poku at an 18th birthday party in Stamford Hill have made two further arrests, ahead of his funeral today.
Two 18-year-old men were arrested yesterday morning on suspicion of murder, and are in custody at a London police station bringing the total number of arrests to seven.
Elyon, 20, of Stamford Hill, who went by the name of DJ Nanabanger, had been DJing in a garden marquee in Wilderton Road in the early hours of September 22 before he was stabbed.
There were 200 people at the party which was gate-crashed after being advertised on social media.
Police were called at about 1.50am to reports of a fight there, and despite being rushed to hospital at 1am, Elyon died of shock and haemorrhage three-and-a-half hours later.
You may also want to watch:
A 17-year-old youth was also taken to hospital with a stab injury and a third victim, aged 24, was treated for a head injury, both of which were not life-threatening.
In the days following the murder a 28-year-old man, a 29-year-old man, an 18-year-old and a 16-year-old youth were arrested on suspicion of murder and an 18-year-old was arrested on suspicion of affray.
- 1 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 2 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 3 Homerton gardens renamed to sever slave trader ties and celebrate community hero
- 4 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 5 Calling anyone born on this day in 1982 for a documentary
- 6 £3m Hackney Central station revamp begins
- 7 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 8 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
- 9 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 10 Sistah Space launches charity shop to help domestic abuse survivors
Officers are keeping an open mind about the motive for the fight that led to Elyon’s death.
Ahead of Elyon’s funeral which is taking place today, detectives and his family have made a fresh appeal for witnesses.
In a statement, his family urged any witnesses to contact police, adding: “Elyon was loved by his family and the community. He has been murdered for no reason.”
Det Insp Rita Tierney said: “If you have not spoken to us already, please come forward and tell us what you saw or heard. It could make all the difference.
“You may know who is responsible but you have fears about coming forward and speaking to police. There are special measures we can put in place to protect you.”
Anyone with information is asked to call the incident room on 020 8345 3865, quoting CAD 297Sep22.
To remain anonymous call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.