Will Hackney residents be at the Olympic stadium in 2012?
Sports fans are counting the cost of their Olympic ticket bid - whilst others were pipped to the post
Hackney residents who put in bids for Olympic tickets are checking their bank statements to see if they will be at the opening ceremony or have got the hottest ticket for the men’s 100m final.
Last night was the cut off for the first ballot for the first oversubscribed application round for tickets. In all 1.8 million applied for the 6.6 million available seats.
Sports fans could get seats to see Olympic silver medallist Hackney born triple jumper Phillips Idowu who started his career training in Mile End Park or diving sensation Tom Daley whose family have been successful in getting a quarter of the tickets they bid for.
They will learn by June 24 exactly which tickets they have got.
You may also want to watch:
Shoreditch tweeter Bondgirlie007 told @hackneygazette she has got �76 of tickets after bidding for �600 worth.
She has her fingers crossed that amongst her tickets is one for the 100m final.
- 1 Hackney man, 22, died struggling to breathe in prison cell for eight minutes
- 2 Man attacked with metal pole in Clapton
- 3 Dalston revealed as Hackney's top hotspot for weapons offences
- 4 Hackney had worst knife crime rate in London, report finds
- 5 Stats show rate of rise in Covid rates locally
- 6 Hackney sees house prices boom by more than 108 per cent over ten years
- 7 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 8 Hackney leaders welcome Mayor Khan's ULEZ expansion
- 9 What A Wonderful World: Hackney Choirs sing for climate action ahead of COP26
- 10 I’m terrible at golf. Can a Shoreditch centre help me improve?
Dalston_david said he has got �130 tickets after applying for �1,500 worth.
But Sebastian Lloyd was not so lucky. He tweeted that he had not got a single ticket. “I look forward to pressing my nose up against the fence and drinking in the atmosphere.”
Unsold tickets will got on offer to those registered in a ballot later this year.
Paralympic tickets will go on sale on September 9.
Let us know how you got on in the Olympics ticket lottery at email@example.com