Will Hackney residents be at the Olympic stadium in 2012?
Sports fans are counting the cost of their Olympic ticket bid - whilst others were pipped to the post
Hackney residents who put in bids for Olympic tickets are checking their bank statements to see if they will be at the opening ceremony or have got the hottest ticket for the men’s 100m final.
Last night was the cut off for the first ballot for the first oversubscribed application round for tickets. In all 1.8 million applied for the 6.6 million available seats.
Sports fans could get seats to see Olympic silver medallist Hackney born triple jumper Phillips Idowu who started his career training in Mile End Park or diving sensation Tom Daley whose family have been successful in getting a quarter of the tickets they bid for.
They will learn by June 24 exactly which tickets they have got.
You may also want to watch:
Shoreditch tweeter Bondgirlie007 told @hackneygazette she has got �76 of tickets after bidding for �600 worth.
She has her fingers crossed that amongst her tickets is one for the 100m final.
- 1 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 4 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 5 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 6 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 7 Hackney resident urges women to consider careers in construction
- 8 Leyton Orient seal win over Barrow to move just one point off the play-offs
- 9 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
- 10 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
Dalston_david said he has got �130 tickets after applying for �1,500 worth.
But Sebastian Lloyd was not so lucky. He tweeted that he had not got a single ticket. “I look forward to pressing my nose up against the fence and drinking in the atmosphere.”
Unsold tickets will got on offer to those registered in a ballot later this year.
Paralympic tickets will go on sale on September 9.
Let us know how you got on in the Olympics ticket lottery at firstname.lastname@example.org