Win tickets to the last day of the London Olympic Anniversary Games
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Residents can win the chance to win tickets to the last day of the London Olympic Anniversary Games on Sunday.
Winners will be able to see Paralympic athletic stars, including Jonny Peacock, Hannah Cockroft and David Weir, in action at the Olympic Stadium, for the Grand Prix Final event which coincides with National Paralympic Day.
It also marks the finale of a weekend of sporting celebrations held at the Olympic Park, remembering the triumph of London 2012 Olympic Games.
The Mayor’s Liberty Festival will also be held in the Olympic Park on the day, between 11am and 7pm, featuring a free afternoon of deaf and disability arts, live music, dance, aerial performances, film, food and more.
Those who want to get more involved can take part in a range of ‘come-and-try’ sports taking place throughout the day, including athletics, judo and wheelchair tennis.
Winners of the ticket giveaway will be those who make a meaningful contribution to the borough, for example registered volunteers or youth workers, or those who help organise a local sports club, or similar.
Cllr Jonathan McShane, Cabinet Member for Health, Social Care and Culture, said: “This is a great opportunity to spend the day watching some of the country’s best athletic superstars in action. There will also be lots to see and do at the interactive festival in the Olympic Park on the day.
- 1 Operation Mincemeat: Role of Hackney mortuary marked in Colin Firth film
- 2 Homerton LTN to be made permanent despite division among residents
- 3 Great Christmas markets in and around north London
- 4 CCTV: Dog walker helped raped woman, 19, call the police in Hackney
- 5 Protesting workers in wage war with Hackney Council
- 6 Loyal customers given shares in new craft beer company
- 7 'It was like a scene from a movie': Hackney man facing jail for 2017 shooting
- 8 Boxpark reveals plans for Shoreditch rooftop garden
- 9 Possible travel disruptions for central London this week
- 10 Stoke Newington residents go without running water for days
“These tickets are a way of us saying thank you to all the fantastic people out there who help make our bough a great place to live and work. If you think you should win tickets, or if you know someone who deserves them, then get in touch.”
To enter, or to nominate someone, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 020 8356 8338.
Provide the following:
Your full name
Where you live/work in Hackney
Why you think you/someone you know should win
How many tickets you want (one or two)
A daytime telephone number