Win tickets to the last day of the London Olympic Anniversary Games
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Residents can win the chance to win tickets to the last day of the London Olympic Anniversary Games on Sunday.
Winners will be able to see Paralympic athletic stars, including Jonny Peacock, Hannah Cockroft and David Weir, in action at the Olympic Stadium, for the Grand Prix Final event which coincides with National Paralympic Day.
It also marks the finale of a weekend of sporting celebrations held at the Olympic Park, remembering the triumph of London 2012 Olympic Games.
The Mayor’s Liberty Festival will also be held in the Olympic Park on the day, between 11am and 7pm, featuring a free afternoon of deaf and disability arts, live music, dance, aerial performances, film, food and more.
Those who want to get more involved can take part in a range of ‘come-and-try’ sports taking place throughout the day, including athletics, judo and wheelchair tennis.
You may also want to watch:
Winners of the ticket giveaway will be those who make a meaningful contribution to the borough, for example registered volunteers or youth workers, or those who help organise a local sports club, or similar.
Cllr Jonathan McShane, Cabinet Member for Health, Social Care and Culture, said: “This is a great opportunity to spend the day watching some of the country’s best athletic superstars in action. There will also be lots to see and do at the interactive festival in the Olympic Park on the day.
- 1 'They don't care,' says Hackney family living in mould-infested property
- 2 Covid cases drop in Hackney for the first time since May
- 3 How Homerton Hospital staff took on the virus in the first year of Covid
- 4 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness
- 5 Eggslut food truck to bring 'edible breakfast cloud' to Shoreditch
- 6 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 7 New traffic measures as school brings pupils onto a single site
- 8 Hackney this weekend: A Jerk festival, bingo with a twist and more
- 9 Two new sixth forms planned for Islington and Hackney
- 10 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder
“These tickets are a way of us saying thank you to all the fantastic people out there who help make our bough a great place to live and work. If you think you should win tickets, or if you know someone who deserves them, then get in touch.”
To enter, or to nominate someone, please email: email@example.com or call: 020 8356 8338.
Provide the following:
Your full name
Where you live/work in Hackney
Why you think you/someone you know should win
How many tickets you want (one or two)
A daytime telephone number