Wireless: Young woman, 20, is second festivalgoer to die after ‘becoming ill’ at Finsbury Park event
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
A young woman has died after “becoming ill” at Wireless on Sunday – the second of this year’s festivalgoers to die.
The 20-year-old told was at the Finsbury Park event headlined by Drake when she told staff she felt ill and asked for medical treatment.
She was taken to hospital, where she died on Monday.
Scotland Yard said an investigation had been launched into what led to her death and enquiries are ongoing.
A 16-year-old boy also died on Sunday after suffering a suspected asthma attack while leaving at about 9.40pm.
You may also want to watch:
He got the attention of police in Seven Sisters Road, who gave emergency first aid before medics arrived, but died in hospital at 12.30am.
- 1 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 2 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 3 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 4 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 5 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 6 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 7 Union votes to strike over cuts at Hackney schools
- 8 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 9 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 10 Hackney school pupils bag top spots in national architecture competition