Wireless: Young woman, 20, is second festivalgoer to die after ‘becoming ill’ at Finsbury Park event
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
A young woman has died after “becoming ill” at Wireless on Sunday – the second of this year’s festivalgoers to die.
The 20-year-old told was at the Finsbury Park event headlined by Drake when she told staff she felt ill and asked for medical treatment.
She was taken to hospital, where she died on Monday.
Scotland Yard said an investigation had been launched into what led to her death and enquiries are ongoing.
A 16-year-old boy also died on Sunday after suffering a suspected asthma attack while leaving at about 9.40pm.
You may also want to watch:
He got the attention of police in Seven Sisters Road, who gave emergency first aid before medics arrived, but died in hospital at 12.30am.
- 1 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 2 Hackney people encouraged to shop local for April 12 reopening
- 3 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 4 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 5 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 6 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 7 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 8 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 9 Godwin Lawson's mum reflects on the ‘hardest call’ after son's fatal stabbing
- 10 Tote bags help tackle homelessness and addiction