Wireless: Young woman, 20, is second festivalgoer to die after ‘becoming ill’ at Finsbury Park event
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
A young woman has died after “becoming ill” at Wireless on Sunday – the second of this year’s festivalgoers to die.
The 20-year-old told was at the Finsbury Park event headlined by Drake when she told staff she felt ill and asked for medical treatment.
She was taken to hospital, where she died on Monday.
Scotland Yard said an investigation had been launched into what led to her death and enquiries are ongoing.
A 16-year-old boy also died on Sunday after suffering a suspected asthma attack while leaving at about 9.40pm.
He got the attention of police in Seven Sisters Road, who gave emergency first aid before medics arrived, but died in hospital at 12.30am.
- 1 Woman 'may face life-changing injuries' after Dalston e-scooter crash
- 2 Man arrested over two separate rape allegations - one previously unknown to police
- 3 De Beauvoir mother and son campaign to keep the 21 bus route
- 4 Girl reported missing from Hackney found
- 5 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 6 Drug dealer jailed after being caught with cannabis and cash
- 7 'Deeply shocked and troubled': Reports of rising anti-Semitic crime
- 8 ‘The people of Edmonton will stop this incinerator’ - Protestors promise more action if plan is signed off
- 9 Man's head and hand slashed in Hackney knife attack
- 10 Dumpling Shack announces plans for Hackney restaurant