Wireless: Young woman, 20, is second festivalgoer to die after ‘becoming ill’ at Finsbury Park event
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
A young woman has died after “becoming ill” at Wireless on Sunday – the second of this year’s festivalgoers to die.
The 20-year-old told was at the Finsbury Park event headlined by Drake when she told staff she felt ill and asked for medical treatment.
She was taken to hospital, where she died on Monday.
Scotland Yard said an investigation had been launched into what led to her death and enquiries are ongoing.
A 16-year-old boy also died on Sunday after suffering a suspected asthma attack while leaving at about 9.40pm.
You may also want to watch:
He got the attention of police in Seven Sisters Road, who gave emergency first aid before medics arrived, but died in hospital at 12.30am.
- 1 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 2 Hackney Wick floating restaurant wins Catey award
- 3 'It could be a grim Christmas': Brexit blamed for Hackney fuel shortages
- 4 No shortage of energy for runners in the Hackney Half and 5K
- 5 Meet the Insta-famous Hackney café taking over your feed
- 6 Residents' parking spaces removed for Church Street LTN
- 7 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 8 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 9 Hackney's pie and mash house son featured on MasterChef
- 10 Mosaic unveiled at near Finsbury Park station entrance at City North