Witness appeal following Hackney Wick collision which left pedestrian dead
- Credit: Archant
A pedestrian died after being in collision with a lorry in Hackney Wick yesterday afternoon.
Police are appealing for witnesses following the incident in Wick Way, at the junction with Eastway, just before 2pm.
The pedestrian, a woman believed to be in her late 50s, was taken by London Ambulance Service to an east London hospital where she was pronounced dead at 5pm.
Next of kin have been informed but formal identification is yet to take place.
A police spokesman said: “The driver stopped at the scene. They were not arrested.
You may also want to watch:
“Anyone who witnessed the collision if asked to contact the Serious Collision Investigation Unit at Chadwell Heath on 020 8597 4874.”
- 1 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 2 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 3 Your Paper, Your Voice: We want to hear from you
- 4 'Betrayal of Tottenham Hotspur': fans slam European Super League plan
- 5 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
- 6 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 7 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 8 Roads, Museum of the Home, Living Wage and child exploitation
- 9 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 10 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney