Witness appeal following Hackney Wick collision which left pedestrian dead
- Credit: Archant
A pedestrian died after being in collision with a lorry in Hackney Wick yesterday afternoon.
Police are appealing for witnesses following the incident in Wick Way, at the junction with Eastway, just before 2pm.
The pedestrian, a woman believed to be in her late 50s, was taken by London Ambulance Service to an east London hospital where she was pronounced dead at 5pm.
Next of kin have been informed but formal identification is yet to take place.
A police spokesman said: “The driver stopped at the scene. They were not arrested.
You may also want to watch:
“Anyone who witnessed the collision if asked to contact the Serious Collision Investigation Unit at Chadwell Heath on 020 8597 4874.”
- 1 'They don't care,' says Hackney family living in mould-infested property
- 2 Covid cases drop in Hackney for the first time since May
- 3 How Homerton Hospital staff took on the virus in the first year of Covid
- 4 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness
- 5 Eggslut food truck to bring 'edible breakfast cloud' to Shoreditch
- 6 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 7 New traffic measures as school brings pupils onto a single site
- 8 Hackney this weekend: A Jerk festival, bingo with a twist and more
- 9 Two new sixth forms planned for Islington and Hackney
- 10 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder