Witness appeal following Hackney Wick collision which left pedestrian dead
- Credit: Archant
A pedestrian died after being in collision with a lorry in Hackney Wick yesterday afternoon.
Police are appealing for witnesses following the incident in Wick Way, at the junction with Eastway, just before 2pm.
The pedestrian, a woman believed to be in her late 50s, was taken by London Ambulance Service to an east London hospital where she was pronounced dead at 5pm.
Next of kin have been informed but formal identification is yet to take place.
A police spokesman said: “The driver stopped at the scene. They were not arrested.
“Anyone who witnessed the collision if asked to contact the Serious Collision Investigation Unit at Chadwell Heath on 020 8597 4874.”
- 1 Operation Mincemeat: Role of Hackney mortuary marked in Colin Firth film
- 2 Homerton LTN to be made permanent despite division among residents
- 3 Great Christmas markets in and around north London
- 4 CCTV: Dog walker helped raped woman, 19, call the police in Hackney
- 5 Protesting workers in wage war with Hackney Council
- 6 Loyal customers given shares in new craft beer company
- 7 'It was like a scene from a movie': Hackney man facing jail for 2017 shooting
- 8 Boxpark reveals plans for Shoreditch rooftop garden
- 9 Possible travel disruptions for central London this week
- 10 Stoke Newington residents go without running water for days