Witness appeal following Hackney Wick collision which left pedestrian dead
- Credit: Archant
A pedestrian died after being in collision with a lorry in Hackney Wick yesterday afternoon.
Police are appealing for witnesses following the incident in Wick Way, at the junction with Eastway, just before 2pm.
The pedestrian, a woman believed to be in her late 50s, was taken by London Ambulance Service to an east London hospital where she was pronounced dead at 5pm.
Next of kin have been informed but formal identification is yet to take place.
A police spokesman said: “The driver stopped at the scene. They were not arrested.
You may also want to watch:
“Anyone who witnessed the collision if asked to contact the Serious Collision Investigation Unit at Chadwell Heath on 020 8597 4874.”
- 1 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 2 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 3 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 4 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 5 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 6 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 7 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 8 Homerton High Street attack: Man in his 50s stabbed in the back
- 9 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
- 10 Police divers search for man who fell from boat into freezing River Lea