Witness support group launches in Hackney
Free advice session for victims and eye witnesses fo street violence.
THE country’s first legal advice centre offering free confidential support to witnesses of street violence has opened for Hackney people.
The centre, run by Witness Confident in Highbury, offers advice to eye witnesses and victims of street violence in Hackney and Islington.
Witness Confident is an independent charity which aims to reduce the numbers of muggings and stranger attacks by encouraging the public to take a stand when they see street violence.
The centre, which is staffed by a barrister, a solicitor and a law graduate, has been approved by the Bar Standards Board.
You may also want to watch:
Guy Dehn, barrister and director of Witness Confident, said: “Unless people take a stand and if necessary take the stand, the level of violence on our streets cannot be reduced.
“This new advice service will give the public the confidence and support to play their part.”
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 3 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 4 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 5 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 6 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 7 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 8 Union votes to strike over cuts at Hackney schools
- 9 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 10 Hackney school pupils bag top spots in national architecture competition
If you are a victim or witness of street crime in Hackney or Islington, you can contact the legal team on 020 7226 0968 or at firstname.lastname@example.org