Woman, 92, ‘critically ill’ after robbery outside her Hackney home
Police want to hear from anyone with information after elderly victim suffers broken hip in bag snatch
An elderly woman suffered a broken hip when a heartless robber knocked her to the ground outside her Hackney home on Tuesday (January 4).
The 92-year-old was followed back from a shopping trip to the Trelawney Estate in Paragon Road at about 12.50pm.
Police say a man wearing a dark woolly hat and a black scarf pulled up over his face pursued her into a lift then to her front door, where he knocked her down and snatched her black handbag.
Inside was a black leather purse containing �300, mainly in �20 notes, along with a Nectar card, a bus pass and a small navy blue address book.
You may also want to watch:
Officers want to hear from anyone with information.
They say the attacker was light-skinned, between 20 and 30 years old and about 5ft 8ins tall. He was wearing a dark, thick jacket, dark trousers and white trainers.
- 1 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 2 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 3 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 4 Empty Hoxton car parks and garages to be turned into homes
- 5 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 6 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 7 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 8 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 9 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 10 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
Det Insp Glenn Butler of Hackney CID said: “This was a cowardly attack on a vulnerable woman. She has been put through a frightening ordeal that has left her critically ill in hospital. It is essential we catch this man and I would urge anyone who might have information or who witnessed the incident to contact us.”
Call Det Insp Butler on 0300 123 1212 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111, quoting reference number 4600240/11. Alternatively, email email@example.com quoting the reference number.