Woman aged 65 dies after Stoke Newington lorry collision
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
A woman died after she was hit by a tipper-lorry in Stoke Newington High Street yesterday.
The collision happened at 11.40am near the junction with Evering Road
The woman who is believed to be 65 was pronounced dead at the scene.
Chavs author Owen Jones was one of those who witnessed the incident.
He posted on Twitter: “Grim morning in Stoke Newington after a pedestrian was killed by a truck outside the cafe we were in. RIP.”
You may also want to watch:
A Met police spokesman said the lorry driver stopped at the scene.
No arrests have been made and enquiries continue.
- 1 'They don't care,' says Hackney family living in mould-infested property
- 2 How Homerton Hospital staff took on the virus in the first year of Covid
- 3 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness
- 4 Eggslut food truck to bring 'edible breakfast cloud' to Shoreditch
- 5 New traffic measures as school brings pupils onto a single site
- 6 Covid cases drop in Hackney for the first time since May
- 7 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 8 Two new sixth forms planned for Islington and Hackney
- 9 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 10 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012