Woman aged 65 dies after Stoke Newington lorry collision
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
A woman died after she was hit by a tipper-lorry in Stoke Newington High Street yesterday.
The collision happened at 11.40am near the junction with Evering Road
The woman who is believed to be 65 was pronounced dead at the scene.
Chavs author Owen Jones was one of those who witnessed the incident.
He posted on Twitter: “Grim morning in Stoke Newington after a pedestrian was killed by a truck outside the cafe we were in. RIP.”
You may also want to watch:
A Met police spokesman said the lorry driver stopped at the scene.
No arrests have been made and enquiries continue.
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 3 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 4 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 5 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 6 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 7 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 8 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 9 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
- 10 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared