Woman aged 65 dies after Stoke Newington lorry collision
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
A woman died after she was hit by a tipper-lorry in Stoke Newington High Street yesterday.
The collision happened at 11.40am near the junction with Evering Road
The woman who is believed to be 65 was pronounced dead at the scene.
Chavs author Owen Jones was one of those who witnessed the incident.
He posted on Twitter: “Grim morning in Stoke Newington after a pedestrian was killed by a truck outside the cafe we were in. RIP.”
A Met police spokesman said the lorry driver stopped at the scene.
No arrests have been made and enquiries continue.
- 1 'I'm in a bad mood': Man 'threw toolbox at woman's head at Overground station'
- 2 Video shows jewellers in Stamford Hill robbed twice in two months
- 3 Court shown moment man is arrested in the road naked after 'ferocious' attack on girlfriend
- 4 Children hospitalised in Stamford Hill house fire involving candles
- 5 Man on trial for attempted murder of girlfriend was in drug-induced psychosis
- 6 Hackney dance class needs funding to provide free sessions for London Fields community
- 7 Hackney high streets to get funding boost
- 8 Acapella choir to debut at Hackney's Round Chapel
- 9 Gong bathing comes to Holloway, Dalston and Stoke Newington
- 10 Hackney centre sees 300 per cent rise in testing since Omicron variant found in UK