Woman aged 65 dies after Stoke Newington lorry collision
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
A woman died after she was hit by a tipper-lorry in Stoke Newington High Street yesterday.
The collision happened at 11.40am near the junction with Evering Road
The woman who is believed to be 65 was pronounced dead at the scene.
Chavs author Owen Jones was one of those who witnessed the incident.
He posted on Twitter: “Grim morning in Stoke Newington after a pedestrian was killed by a truck outside the cafe we were in. RIP.”
You may also want to watch:
A Met police spokesman said the lorry driver stopped at the scene.
No arrests have been made and enquiries continue.
- 1 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 2 Campaigners to protest at GP surgeries as outrage grows over US takeover
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 5 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 6 Hackney restaurant exhibits local artists with new art space
- 7 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 8 Hackney service remembers Prince Philip, 'rock of the nation'
- 9 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 10 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens