Woman arrested over London Fields shooting that left innocent bystander paralysed
- Credit: Google Streetview
A 40-year old woman has been arrested over a shooting in London Fields which left a woman paralysed.
The victim, aged 32, was left fighting for her life after being injured in Westgate Street just before 9pm on November 22, and she still remains in hospital six weeks on.
The female suspect was arrested yesterday in Oxford on suspicion of attempted murder.
She was interviewed and released on bail whilst enquiries continue, and will return on bail next month.
Three men have already been arrested over the shooting.
You may also want to watch:
Two men, aged 20 and 28, were arrested on December 19 on suspicion of assisting an offender, and a 28-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of attempted murder and possession of a firearm with intent to endanger life on December 15.
They have all been released under investigation.
- 1 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 2 Lower Clapton blaze damages maisonette
- 3 Hackney reviewing whether court ruling impacts low-traffic neighbourhoods
- 4 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 5 Empty Hoxton car parks and garages to be turned into homes
- 6 Community lifelines: Volunteer 'superheroes' feed Hackney people in need
- 7 Parents raise thousands for home-learning supplies in Hackney and London
- 8 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 9 Sawing-in-half trick reaches century since first show in Finsbury Park
- 10 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
Witnesses or anyone with information are asked to call 0207 230 9737 or to remain anonymous call the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.