Woman arrested over London Fields shooting that left innocent bystander paralysed
- Credit: Google Streetview
A 40-year old woman has been arrested over a shooting in London Fields which left a woman paralysed.
The victim, aged 32, was left fighting for her life after being injured in Westgate Street just before 9pm on November 22, and she still remains in hospital six weeks on.
The female suspect was arrested yesterday in Oxford on suspicion of attempted murder.
She was interviewed and released on bail whilst enquiries continue, and will return on bail next month.
Three men have already been arrested over the shooting.
You may also want to watch:
Two men, aged 20 and 28, were arrested on December 19 on suspicion of assisting an offender, and a 28-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of attempted murder and possession of a firearm with intent to endanger life on December 15.
They have all been released under investigation.
- 1 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 2 Campaigners to protest at GP surgeries as outrage grows over US takeover
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 Hackney police commander calls on community to "play its part" in crime prevention
- 5 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 6 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 7 Newington Green's Meeting House to stream concert series for Mary Wollstonecraft's 262nd Birthday
- 8 Calls for black women's voices to also be heard in light of Sarah Everard death
- 9 ‘We are still human’: homeless households speak out over living conditions
- 10 Hackney restaurant exhibits local artists with new art space
Witnesses or anyone with information are asked to call 0207 230 9737 or to remain anonymous call the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.