Woman critical after Finsbury Park cab collision
A 62-year-old woman is in a critical condition after a collision with a cab in Finsbury Park this morning (Thursday).
The pedestrian was in collision with the taxi at around 7am this morning near the junction of Seven Sisters Road and Alexandra Grove.
The woman was conscious and breathing at the scene, but was rushed to the major trauma unit of the Royal London Hospital as a priority.
Her condition is described as critical - next of kin have been informed.
The driver of the vehicle was arrested on suspicion of dangerous driving. He was taken to a London police station where he remains in custody.
You may also want to watch:
The police closed the stretch of Seven Sisters Road, between Manor House and Finsbury Park tube stations from 7am to 10.45am.
Traffic police are investigating.
- 1 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 2 Your Paper, Your Voice: We want to hear from you
- 3 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 4 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 5 Roads, Museum of the Home, Living Wage and child exploitation
- 6 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 7 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 8 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 9 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
- 10 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12