Woman critical after Finsbury Park cab collision
A 62-year-old woman is in a critical condition after a collision with a cab in Finsbury Park this morning (Thursday).
The pedestrian was in collision with the taxi at around 7am this morning near the junction of Seven Sisters Road and Alexandra Grove.
The woman was conscious and breathing at the scene, but was rushed to the major trauma unit of the Royal London Hospital as a priority.
Her condition is described as critical - next of kin have been informed.
The driver of the vehicle was arrested on suspicion of dangerous driving. He was taken to a London police station where he remains in custody.
You may also want to watch:
The police closed the stretch of Seven Sisters Road, between Manor House and Finsbury Park tube stations from 7am to 10.45am.
Traffic police are investigating.
- 1 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 2 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 3 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 4 Homerton gardens renamed to sever slave trader ties and celebrate community hero
- 5 Scenes from Ridley Road Market during lockdown captured by photographer
- 6 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 7 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
- 8 Calling anyone born on this day in 1982 for a documentary
- 9 Twenty-five firefighters put out blaze at a Hackney shop
- 10 £3m Hackney Central station revamp begins