Woman dies after falling from Hackney flat
- Credit: Archant
A woman died after falling out of a flat window near London Fields yesterday.
Police, the London Fire Brigade and the ambulance service rushed to Westgate Street, off Mare Street, just after 4pm to find the injured woman - who is believed to be in her 30s.
The road was closed off and the air ambulance landed in nearby London Fields.
But the woman, who has not been named by police, was pronounced dead at the scene.
A spokesman for Scotland Yard told the Gazette her next of kin have not been informed.
You may also want to watch:
“Enquiries into the circumstances are ongoing,” he added.
- 1 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 2 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 3 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 4 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 5 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 6 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 7 Hackney postal voters urged to reapply after cyber-attack
- 8 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 9 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase