Woman dies after falling from Hackney flat
- Credit: Archant
A woman died after falling out of a flat window near London Fields yesterday.
Police, the London Fire Brigade and the ambulance service rushed to Westgate Street, off Mare Street, just after 4pm to find the injured woman - who is believed to be in her 30s.
The road was closed off and the air ambulance landed in nearby London Fields.
But the woman, who has not been named by police, was pronounced dead at the scene.
A spokesman for Scotland Yard told the Gazette her next of kin have not been informed.
You may also want to watch:
“Enquiries into the circumstances are ongoing,” he added.
- 1 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 2 Students earn scholarships at top schools worth £150,000
- 3 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder
- 4 Vacant Grade I-listed Shoreditch church to be restored and revamped
- 5 £5.75m investment agreed for "historic" Clapton leisure centre
- 6 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 7 Dangerously overloaded vans leaving New Spitalfields Market taken off the road
- 8 'It's like toilet', say Dalston residents who have had enough of broken locks, rats and scaffolding
- 9 Hackney residents plan to make noise for more representative voting systems
- 10 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted