Woman dies in Stamford Hill house fire
- Credit: Archant
An investigation has been launched after a woman died in a house fire in Stamford Hill.
The fire brigade was inundated with calls to the blaze in Olinda Road on Sunday night and the woman was found dead on arrival.
The whole of the ground floor, the stairs and the first floor were destroyed by the fire, as was part of the roof.
Crews were called at midnight and had the blaze under control by 1.15am.
Four engines and 25 firefighters from Stoke Newington, Tottenham and Holloway attended.
You may also want to watch:
The cause of the fire is under investigation by police and the London Fire Brigade.
- 1 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 2 Your Paper, Your Voice: We want to hear from you
- 3 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 4 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 5 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 6 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 7 Roads, Museum of the Home, Living Wage and child exploitation
- 8 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 9 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
- 10 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12