Woman dies in Stamford Hill house fire
- Credit: Archant
An investigation has been launched after a woman died in a house fire in Stamford Hill.
The fire brigade was inundated with calls to the blaze in Olinda Road on Sunday night and the woman was found dead on arrival.
The whole of the ground floor, the stairs and the first floor were destroyed by the fire, as was part of the roof.
Crews were called at midnight and had the blaze under control by 1.15am.
Four engines and 25 firefighters from Stoke Newington, Tottenham and Holloway attended.
You may also want to watch:
The cause of the fire is under investigation by police and the London Fire Brigade.
- 1 Hackney acid attack: Man charged over 2019 assault which left two with life-changing injuries
- 2 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 3 Undercover Met officers may have infiltrated Hackney CND
- 4 Decision to demolish 'irreplaceable' community hall in Hackney on hold
- 5 'Food delivery' youth in suspect Shoreditch drugs bust
- 6 Stoke Newington restauranteur's father becomes Dementia Friend at 101
- 7 'It’s scandalous': Hackney LTN's £4m in fines in 18 months
- 8 Thousands oppose Stoke Newington Church Street bus gate
- 9 Man who punched pregnant woman in Stamford Hill convicted
- 10 Hackney Travellers campaign to move back to Olympic site