Woman rescued from blaze in Stoke Newington flat
- Credit: Archant
Fire fighters wearing breathing apparatus rescued a woman from a small fire at a block of flats early this morning.
The woman was rescued from a first floor flat in Queen Margaret’s Grove, Stoke Newington, and was taken to hospital by the London Ambulance Service suffering smoke inhalation.
The fire damaged a small area of the property’s hallway.
The Brigade was called at 5.46am and the fire was under control within half an hour.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
Two fire engines from Stoke Newington fire station attended the incident.
- 1 Operation Mincemeat: Role of Hackney mortuary marked in Colin Firth film
- 2 Great Christmas markets in and around north London
- 3 Homerton LTN to be made permanent despite division among residents
- 4 CCTV: Dog walker helped raped woman, 19, call the police in Hackney
- 5 Protesting workers in wage war with Hackney Council
- 6 Loyal customers given shares in new craft beer company
- 7 Possible travel disruptions for central London this week
- 8 Boxpark reveals plans for Shoreditch rooftop garden
- 9 'It was like a scene from a movie': Hackney man facing jail for 2017 shooting
- 10 Stoke Newington residents go without running water for days