Woman rescued from blaze in Stoke Newington flat
- Credit: Archant
Fire fighters wearing breathing apparatus rescued a woman from a small fire at a block of flats early this morning.
The woman was rescued from a first floor flat in Queen Margaret’s Grove, Stoke Newington, and was taken to hospital by the London Ambulance Service suffering smoke inhalation.
The fire damaged a small area of the property’s hallway.
The Brigade was called at 5.46am and the fire was under control within half an hour.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
You may also want to watch:
Two fire engines from Stoke Newington fire station attended the incident.
- 1 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 2 Campaigners to protest at GP surgeries as outrage grows over US takeover
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 5 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 6 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 7 Hackney restaurant exhibits local artists with new art space
- 8 Hackney service remembers Prince Philip, 'rock of the nation'
- 9 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
- 10 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London