Woman rescued from blaze in Stoke Newington flat
- Credit: Archant
Fire fighters wearing breathing apparatus rescued a woman from a small fire at a block of flats early this morning.
The woman was rescued from a first floor flat in Queen Margaret’s Grove, Stoke Newington, and was taken to hospital by the London Ambulance Service suffering smoke inhalation.
The fire damaged a small area of the property’s hallway.
The Brigade was called at 5.46am and the fire was under control within half an hour.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
You may also want to watch:
Two fire engines from Stoke Newington fire station attended the incident.
- 1 'They don't care,' says Hackney family living in mould-infested property
- 2 How Homerton Hospital staff took on the virus in the first year of Covid
- 3 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness
- 4 Eggslut food truck to bring 'edible breakfast cloud' to Shoreditch
- 5 New traffic measures as school brings pupils onto a single site
- 6 Covid cases drop in Hackney for the first time since May
- 7 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 8 Two new sixth forms planned for Islington and Hackney
- 9 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 10 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012