Woman rescued from blaze in Stoke Newington flat
- Credit: Archant
Fire fighters wearing breathing apparatus rescued a woman from a small fire at a block of flats early this morning.
The woman was rescued from a first floor flat in Queen Margaret’s Grove, Stoke Newington, and was taken to hospital by the London Ambulance Service suffering smoke inhalation.
The fire damaged a small area of the property’s hallway.
The Brigade was called at 5.46am and the fire was under control within half an hour.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
You may also want to watch:
Two fire engines from Stoke Newington fire station attended the incident.
- 1 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 2 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 3 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 4 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 5 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 6 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 7 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 8 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 9 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared
- 10 Hackney Council cyberattack: Stolen data published on the dark web