Woman taken to hospital after being trapped under a truck in a road accident
Patient in her 30s had to be cut out by fire crews
A WOMAN who was trapped under a tipper truck after an accident this morning has been taken to the Royal London Hospital with leg injuries.
The woman, who is in her 30s, got trapped under the truck, after an accident at 8.40am at the junction of Cambridge Heath Road and Hackney Road.
A London Ambulance spokeswoman said: “We were called at 8.40am to reports of a road traffic accident on Hackney Road.
“We sent an ambulance crew and the air ambulance doctor in a fast response car. Staff treated one patient, a woman reported to be in her 30s. She was taken to the Royal London Hospital with leg injuries.”
You may also want to watch:
One eyewitness, who did not want to be named, said: “My 254 bus towards Whitechapel stopped suddenly at St Thomas’s Hospice and the bus driver said they’d been an accident, a woman was under a lorry outside the station. Maybe she was running for a train, it’s a really busy junction down there.
“I saw the fire crews cutting her out from under the truck. It looked like a really delicate operation, there were at least a dozen firefighters there and three fire trucks.
- 1 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 2 Campaigners to protest at GP surgeries as outrage grows over US takeover
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 5 Hackney police commander calls on community to "play its part" in crime prevention
- 6 Newington Green's Meeting House to stream concert series for Mary Wollstonecraft's 262nd Birthday
- 7 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 8 Hackney restaurant exhibits local artists with new art space
- 9 ‘We are still human’: homeless households speak out over living conditions
- 10 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
“There was gridlock and police and confused people everywhere. The police had closed the road just before the junction on the Hackney side and also on the other side of the junction and they closed the pavement as well.
“I had to do a detour round Wadeston Street, Mowlem Street and Bishops Way.”
Police cars also blocked the Hackney-bound carriageway at Old Bethnal Green Road and Old Ford Road to stop cars driving down towards the accident.