Woman taken to hospital with leg injury after ‘cleaning fluid’ spill at Stamford Hill school
PUBLISHED: 18:35 03 August 2017 | UPDATED: 18:45 03 August 2017
A woman was taken to hospital after what is believed to have been a cleaning fluid spill at a Stamford Hill school building this afternoon.
Firefighters were called just after 2.30pm about an “acid spillage” at the building, part of Yesodey Hatorah school, a spokesman said.
The substance is believed to have been spilt by a cleaner and no one else is thought to have been hurt.
A London Ambulance Service spokesman said: “We were called at 14:27 on today to reports of an incident in Stamford Hill.
“We sent an ambulance crew, our Hazardous Area Response Team and a paramedic in a car to the scene.
“We treated a woman at the scene for a leg injury and took her a priority to a hospital in east London.”
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Hackney Gazette. Click the link in the orange box below for details.