Woman trapped in road accident
EMERGENCY crews are rescuing a woman trapped under a tipper lorry following a road accident in East London during this-morning’s rush-hour.
The accident occurred at the traffic light junction of Cambridge Heath Road and Hackney Road, Bethnal Green, at 8.40am.
Police have sealed off both main roads, resulting in long tailbacks of traffic, cars and buses were detoured and bus passengers had to get out and walk.
Fire crews and ambulances are at the scene.
Two fire appliances and a special fire rescue engine were called to the accident.
You may also want to watch:
A spokeswoman said: “A woman was released by firefighters using cutting equipment and lifting equipment. There were 15 firefighters at the scene.”
- 1 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 2 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 3 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 4 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 5 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 6 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 7 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 8 Homerton High Street attack: Man in his 50s stabbed in the back
- 9 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
- 10 Police divers search for man who fell from boat into freezing River Lea