Woman trapped in road accident
EMERGENCY crews are rescuing a woman trapped under a tipper lorry following a road accident in East London during this-morning’s rush-hour.
The accident occurred at the traffic light junction of Cambridge Heath Road and Hackney Road, Bethnal Green, at 8.40am.
Police have sealed off both main roads, resulting in long tailbacks of traffic, cars and buses were detoured and bus passengers had to get out and walk.
Fire crews and ambulances are at the scene.
Two fire appliances and a special fire rescue engine were called to the accident.
You may also want to watch:
A spokeswoman said: “A woman was released by firefighters using cutting equipment and lifting equipment. There were 15 firefighters at the scene.”
- 1 Residents' thoughts on Stoke Newington Church Street LTN
- 2 Fears soft play centre Kidzmania could be at threat due to flats plan
- 3 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 4 McDonald's boycott backed by Diane Abbott, Hackney MP
- 5 Five things to do in Hackney and Islington this weekend (September 25-56)
- 6 Corbyn slams 'spy cops' in peace group as 'disgraceful interference'
- 7 A sneak peak of what's in store for Black History Season in Hackney
- 8 Hackney Half runners prepare for the fitness festival weekend
- 9 Delivery couriers boycott Dalston McDonald's
- 10 Two of the best boozers in Hackney, voted for by readers