Woman trapped in road accident
EMERGENCY crews are rescuing a woman trapped under a tipper lorry following a road accident in East London during this-morning’s rush-hour.
The accident occurred at the traffic light junction of Cambridge Heath Road and Hackney Road, Bethnal Green, at 8.40am.
Police have sealed off both main roads, resulting in long tailbacks of traffic, cars and buses were detoured and bus passengers had to get out and walk.
Fire crews and ambulances are at the scene.
Two fire appliances and a special fire rescue engine were called to the accident.
A spokeswoman said: “A woman was released by firefighters using cutting equipment and lifting equipment. There were 15 firefighters at the scene.”
- 1 Woman, 31, cleared of murdering man in Hackney
- 2 Man's head and hand slashed in Hackney knife attack
- 3 Hackney woman fined £12,000 for hosting birthday bash a day after No 10 parties
- 4 Hackney groups respond to permanent Homerton LTN
- 5 Sentencing delayed for 'audacious' fraudster who conned Hackney hotel staff
- 6 Three jailed after 'horrific' revenge attack on teenage boy near Finsbury Park
- 7 Wanted: Man known to commit offences on train and tube network
- 8 Knifeman was out on bail when he nearly killed father-of-three on school run
- 9 Men jailed after violent Mare Street robberies
- 10 Convicted: Met special constable who assaulted man in custody