Woman trapped in road accident
EMERGENCY crews are rescuing a woman trapped under a tipper lorry following a road accident in East London during this-morning’s rush-hour.
The accident occurred at the traffic light junction of Cambridge Heath Road and Hackney Road, Bethnal Green, at 8.40am.
Police have sealed off both main roads, resulting in long tailbacks of traffic, cars and buses were detoured and bus passengers had to get out and walk.
Fire crews and ambulances are at the scene.
Two fire appliances and a special fire rescue engine were called to the accident.
You may also want to watch:
A spokeswoman said: “A woman was released by firefighters using cutting equipment and lifting equipment. There were 15 firefighters at the scene.”
- 1 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 2 Campaigners to protest at GP surgeries as outrage grows over US takeover
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 5 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 6 Hackney restaurant exhibits local artists with new art space
- 7 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 8 Hackney service remembers Prince Philip, 'rock of the nation'
- 9 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 10 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens