Woodhall visits the Lion’s den
Former WBC super-middleweight champion’s trip to Lion Boxing Club
Former WBC super-middleweight world champion, Richie Woodhall’s visit to the Lion Boxing Club on Monday, June 27 was a resounding success.
Woodhall first hosted a question and answer session, followed by time in the gym where he spoke to the boxers present on the night, giving them personal tips about training routines.
Woodhall also passed his world title belt and his Olympic and Commonwealth medals around the gym much to the delight and amazement of the Lion boxers present.
Lion BC chairman Alan Parry said: “Richie Woodhall is a gentleman and a tremendous ambassador for boxing.
You may also want to watch:
“Our members were enthralled with everything he had to say and nothing was too much trouble for him whether it was posing for photographs, signing autographs or giving advice to individual boxers and their coaches.
“It is one of the most successful nights we have had at the club.”
- 1 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 2 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 3 Empty Hoxton car parks and garages to be turned into homes
- 4 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 5 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 6 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 7 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 8 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 9 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 10 Bedroom pop producer 'owes success to Hackney's creative community'
Meanwhile, Lion BC have announced three new dates for the season.
All three open shows will take place on Saturdays at their Hoxton headquarters on November 19, February 25 and April 14.