Woodhall visits the Lion’s den
Former WBC super-middleweight champion’s trip to Lion Boxing Club
Former WBC super-middleweight world champion, Richie Woodhall’s visit to the Lion Boxing Club on Monday, June 27 was a resounding success.
Woodhall first hosted a question and answer session, followed by time in the gym where he spoke to the boxers present on the night, giving them personal tips about training routines.
Woodhall also passed his world title belt and his Olympic and Commonwealth medals around the gym much to the delight and amazement of the Lion boxers present.
Lion BC chairman Alan Parry said: “Richie Woodhall is a gentleman and a tremendous ambassador for boxing.
You may also want to watch:
“Our members were enthralled with everything he had to say and nothing was too much trouble for him whether it was posing for photographs, signing autographs or giving advice to individual boxers and their coaches.
“It is one of the most successful nights we have had at the club.”
- 1 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 2 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 3 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 4 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 5 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 6 Hackney people encouraged to shop local for April 12 reopening
- 7 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown
- 8 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 9 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 10 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
Meanwhile, Lion BC have announced three new dates for the season.
All three open shows will take place on Saturdays at their Hoxton headquarters on November 19, February 25 and April 14.