Young woman remains in critical condition after being hit by car in Mare Street
- Credit: Archant
A young woman is in critical condition after being hit by a car in Mare Street on Friday afternoon, police have said.
Officers were called to the scene, near the junction with Tudor Road, at 4.05pm after the woman in her early 20s had been struck.
Medics and the air ambulance were also called and she was taken to hospital with serious head injuries. She remains in a life-threatening condition.
Her next of kin have been informed.
No arrests have been made and an investigation is ongoing.
You may also want to watch:
The road was closed between Well Street and Victoria Park Road after the incident.
- 1 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 2 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 3 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 4 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 5 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 6 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 7 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 8 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 9 Hackney postal voters urged to reapply after cyber-attack