Young woman remains in critical condition after being hit by car in Mare Street
- Credit: Archant
A young woman is in critical condition after being hit by a car in Mare Street on Friday afternoon, police have said.
Officers were called to the scene, near the junction with Tudor Road, at 4.05pm after the woman in her early 20s had been struck.
Medics and the air ambulance were also called and she was taken to hospital with serious head injuries. She remains in a life-threatening condition.
Her next of kin have been informed.
No arrests have been made and an investigation is ongoing.
You may also want to watch:
The road was closed between Well Street and Victoria Park Road after the incident.
- 1 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 2 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 3 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 4 New photography book celebrates Hackney’s residents of all ages
- 5 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 6 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 7 Hackney writer creates web series to deter young people from "street life"
- 8 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 9 Hackney resident urges women to consider careers in construction
- 10 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home