Young woman remains in critical condition after being hit by car in Mare Street
- Credit: Archant
A young woman is in critical condition after being hit by a car in Mare Street on Friday afternoon, police have said.
Officers were called to the scene, near the junction with Tudor Road, at 4.05pm after the woman in her early 20s had been struck.
Medics and the air ambulance were also called and she was taken to hospital with serious head injuries. She remains in a life-threatening condition.
Her next of kin have been informed.
No arrests have been made and an investigation is ongoing.
You may also want to watch:
The road was closed between Well Street and Victoria Park Road after the incident.
- 1 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 2 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 3 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 4 Homerton gardens renamed to sever slave trader ties and celebrate community hero
- 5 Calling anyone born on this day in 1982 for a documentary
- 6 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 7 £3m Hackney Central station revamp begins
- 8 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
- 9 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 10 Sistah Space launches charity shop to help domestic abuse survivors