Youth charged over stabbing in Stoke Newington on Saturday morning
17-year-old was stabbed in stomach at junction of Stoke Newington High Street and Evering Road
Police officers investigating the stabbing of a teenager in Stoke Newington in the early hours of Saturday morning (November 13) have charged a 17-year-old youth.
The victim, also 17, suffered a stab wound to the stomach when he was attacked shortly before 1.15am at the junction of Stoke Newington High Street and Evering Road.
He was taken to an east London hospital in a serious condition but his injuries are not thought to be life-threatening.
Officers found a knife at the scene.
A 17-year-old youth, who has been charged with GBH with intent and possession of an offensive weapon, is due to appear at Thames Youth Court today (November 15).
Two more people have been arrested in connection with the inquiry.
- 1 'Shock and sadness' after news GP practice will close
- 2 Business owners concerned by twice-burgled Stamford Hill shop
- 3 South Hackney stabbing: Woman arrested and man left fighting for his life
- 4 Worries at lights shutting off around Hackney
- 5 Chance of snow in London this weekend
- 6 EXCLUSIVE: Planet Organic responds to backlash about incoming Broadway Market store
- 7 Which Underground lines are affected today
- 8 Things to do in north London: Christmas markets, workshops and more this weekend
- 9 Missing girl, 11, could be in Hackney
- 10 Covid-19: How Hackney's current figures compare to November 2020 lockdown