Youth charged over stabbing in Stoke Newington on Saturday morning
17-year-old was stabbed in stomach at junction of Stoke Newington High Street and Evering Road
Police officers investigating the stabbing of a teenager in Stoke Newington in the early hours of Saturday morning (November 13) have charged a 17-year-old youth.
The victim, also 17, suffered a stab wound to the stomach when he was attacked shortly before 1.15am at the junction of Stoke Newington High Street and Evering Road.
He was taken to an east London hospital in a serious condition but his injuries are not thought to be life-threatening.
Officers found a knife at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
A 17-year-old youth, who has been charged with GBH with intent and possession of an offensive weapon, is due to appear at Thames Youth Court today (November 15).
Two more people have been arrested in connection with the inquiry.
- 1 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 4 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 5 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 6 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 7 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 8 Delivery service helps local shops in Hackney, Islington and Tower Hamlets
- 9 New Exhibition celebrates Hackney scenes
- 10 Hackney welcomes back eager gym-goers and swimmers