Youth charged over stabbing in Stoke Newington on Saturday morning
17-year-old was stabbed in stomach at junction of Stoke Newington High Street and Evering Road
Police officers investigating the stabbing of a teenager in Stoke Newington in the early hours of Saturday morning (November 13) have charged a 17-year-old youth.
The victim, also 17, suffered a stab wound to the stomach when he was attacked shortly before 1.15am at the junction of Stoke Newington High Street and Evering Road.
He was taken to an east London hospital in a serious condition but his injuries are not thought to be life-threatening.
Officers found a knife at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
A 17-year-old youth, who has been charged with GBH with intent and possession of an offensive weapon, is due to appear at Thames Youth Court today (November 15).
Two more people have been arrested in connection with the inquiry.
- 1 Hackney Wick bar and restaurant opens with Two More Years to go
- 2 Legendary east London graffiti pub to reopen after 26 years
- 3 How Homerton Hospital staff took on the virus in the first year of Covid
- 4 'They don't care,' says Hackney family living in mould-infested property
- 5 Residents report losing sleep over Broadway Market drinkers and idling minicab engines
- 6 Stamford Hill North and Shoreditch hardest hit during Covid waves
- 7 Gone in 60 seconds: Watch as 'keyless' thief steals Hackney car
- 8 New traffic measures as school brings pupils onto a single site
- 9 Surgery blunder sees wrong side of 75-year-old patient's thyroid removed
- 10 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness