Youth charged over stabbing in Stoke Newington on Saturday morning
17-year-old was stabbed in stomach at junction of Stoke Newington High Street and Evering Road
Police officers investigating the stabbing of a teenager in Stoke Newington in the early hours of Saturday morning (November 13) have charged a 17-year-old youth.
The victim, also 17, suffered a stab wound to the stomach when he was attacked shortly before 1.15am at the junction of Stoke Newington High Street and Evering Road.
He was taken to an east London hospital in a serious condition but his injuries are not thought to be life-threatening.
Officers found a knife at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
A 17-year-old youth, who has been charged with GBH with intent and possession of an offensive weapon, is due to appear at Thames Youth Court today (November 15).
Two more people have been arrested in connection with the inquiry.
- 1 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 2 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 3 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 4 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 5 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 6 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 7 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 8 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared
- 9 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 10 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club