AFC Stoke Newington under-14s crowned champions
- Credit: Archant
AFC Stoke Newington under-14s were crowned Capital Girls League Division Two Champions after sealing a comfortable 10-0 victory against Enfield Town.
The girls sealed the title with a match to spare after picking up 14 victories and only suffering one defeat so far this campaign.
Five goals from Lauren Casey, a brace from Tanika Parker and solo efforts from Maya Seleznyov, Anna Da Silva Pacheco and Javine McKnight sealed the win.
And the team’s delighted manager Ian Bruce said: “The girls have worked so hard all season and fully deserve all of their success.
“After getting promoted last season I wasn’t really sure what to expect this year, but the girls have been outstanding and produced an almost flawless campaign.
You may also want to watch:
“I am so proud of them all and am looking forward to more success next season.”
The girls also enjoyed a strong cup run but fell short in the semi-finals to Division One outfit St Joseph’s.
- 1 "Heartless" Joshua White killers jailed for life
- 2 Broken De Beauvoir Estate lift saw man "bump" wife in wheelchair down stairs
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 Hackney Rabbi campaigns with Idris Elba, Ed Sheeran, Lewis Hamilton and others to Never Forget Stephen Lawrence
- 5 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
- 6 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 7 Hackney police commander calls on community to "play its part" in crime prevention
- 8 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 9 ‘We are still human’: homeless households speak out over living conditions
- 10 Sadiq Khan: “Young People in Hackney remind me of myself 30 years ago”