AFC Stoke Newington under-14s crowned champions
- Credit: Archant
AFC Stoke Newington under-14s were crowned Capital Girls League Division Two Champions after sealing a comfortable 10-0 victory against Enfield Town.
The girls sealed the title with a match to spare after picking up 14 victories and only suffering one defeat so far this campaign.
Five goals from Lauren Casey, a brace from Tanika Parker and solo efforts from Maya Seleznyov, Anna Da Silva Pacheco and Javine McKnight sealed the win.
And the team’s delighted manager Ian Bruce said: “The girls have worked so hard all season and fully deserve all of their success.
“After getting promoted last season I wasn’t really sure what to expect this year, but the girls have been outstanding and produced an almost flawless campaign.
You may also want to watch:
“I am so proud of them all and am looking forward to more success next season.”
The girls also enjoyed a strong cup run but fell short in the semi-finals to Division One outfit St Joseph’s.
- 1 Fears soft play centre Kidzmania could be at threat due to flats plan
- 2 Still no justice for Hackney flat party stabbing victim Elyon Poku
- 3 Residents' thoughts on Stoke Newington Church Street LTN
- 4 Letter on LTN scheme in Stoke Newington
- 5 Cinema set to open in Finsbury Park in time for No Time to Die
- 6 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 7 Hackney Half runners prepare for the fitness festival weekend
- 8 McDonald's boycott backed by Diane Abbott, Hackney MP
- 9 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 10 Delivery couriers boycott Dalston McDonald's