AFC Stoke Newington under-14s crowned champions
- Credit: Archant
AFC Stoke Newington under-14s were crowned Capital Girls League Division Two Champions after sealing a comfortable 10-0 victory against Enfield Town.
The girls sealed the title with a match to spare after picking up 14 victories and only suffering one defeat so far this campaign.
Five goals from Lauren Casey, a brace from Tanika Parker and solo efforts from Maya Seleznyov, Anna Da Silva Pacheco and Javine McKnight sealed the win.
And the team’s delighted manager Ian Bruce said: “The girls have worked so hard all season and fully deserve all of their success.
“After getting promoted last season I wasn’t really sure what to expect this year, but the girls have been outstanding and produced an almost flawless campaign.
You may also want to watch:
“I am so proud of them all and am looking forward to more success next season.”
The girls also enjoyed a strong cup run but fell short in the semi-finals to Division One outfit St Joseph’s.
- 1 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 2 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 3 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 4 This isn't a funny column - Covid killed my father
- 5 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 6 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 7 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 8 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 9 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 10 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images