Alleged West Ham target DJ Campbell set for Premier League stay
Blackpool striker set to stay in the top flight
Blackpool striker DJ Campbell is likely to remain in the Premier League and not join West Ham.
The London-born forward netted 13 times for the Tangerines last season as the Lancashire club followed the Hammers and dropped out of the top flight.
Reports had linked the 29-year-old with a move to east London and the Hammers have alledgedly made a bid for Campbell, but with the likes of Premier League clubs QPR and Sunderland apparently showing an interest, his future looks set to be away from Upton Park.
“I love Blackpool and we had a better season than many people expected but to go down was heartbreaking,” he told a national publication.
“I played in the Prem before with Birmingham and maybe I wasn’t ready for it then. But this time I was.
“There’s nothing like playing at Old Trafford, Anfield and Stamford Bridge. Now I want more of it. I think I’ve proved I can play at the top.”
- 1 Two shootings in Hackney as Walthamstow murder probe launched
- 2 Man in 'life-threatening' condition after Hackney shooting
- 3 Community bus serving Islington and Hackney cancelled after surging fuel prices
- 4 ‘Blimey’: Stoke Newington resident celebrates 109th birthday
- 5 Met Office: Thunderstorm warning issued for London
- 6 5 things to look forward to at All Points East Festival 2022
- 7 Thousands attend UK Black Pride event in Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park
- 8 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 9 10 ace tunes for this year's All Points East
- 10 Polio virus found in Hackney as vaccine rollout announced
And with a buy out clause set at �1.25million it is likely the former Leicester City striker will get his wish.