Alleged West Ham target DJ Campbell set for Premier League stay
Blackpool striker set to stay in the top flight
Blackpool striker DJ Campbell is likely to remain in the Premier League and not join West Ham.
The London-born forward netted 13 times for the Tangerines last season as the Lancashire club followed the Hammers and dropped out of the top flight.
Reports had linked the 29-year-old with a move to east London and the Hammers have alledgedly made a bid for Campbell, but with the likes of Premier League clubs QPR and Sunderland apparently showing an interest, his future looks set to be away from Upton Park.
“I love Blackpool and we had a better season than many people expected but to go down was heartbreaking,” he told a national publication.
You may also want to watch:
“I played in the Prem before with Birmingham and maybe I wasn’t ready for it then. But this time I was.
“There’s nothing like playing at Old Trafford, Anfield and Stamford Bridge. Now I want more of it. I think I’ve proved I can play at the top.”
- 1 Delivery couriers boycott Dalston McDonald's
- 2 Hackney acid attack: Man charged over 2019 assault which left two with life-changing injuries
- 3 Two of the best boozers in Hackney, voted for by readers
- 4 Stoke Newington eatery voted favourite café by Gazette readers
- 5 Undercover Met officers may have infiltrated Hackney CND
- 6 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 7 Hackney's field-to-fork cooking school opens in Lower Clapton
- 8 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 9 Repair Shop's Jay Blades hosts bingo for older Londoners
- 10 Complaints about noise neighbours soared in Hackney during the pandemic
And with a buy out clause set at �1.25million it is likely the former Leicester City striker will get his wish.