Alleged West Ham target DJ Campbell set for Premier League stay
Blackpool striker set to stay in the top flight
Blackpool striker DJ Campbell is likely to remain in the Premier League and not join West Ham.
The London-born forward netted 13 times for the Tangerines last season as the Lancashire club followed the Hammers and dropped out of the top flight.
Reports had linked the 29-year-old with a move to east London and the Hammers have alledgedly made a bid for Campbell, but with the likes of Premier League clubs QPR and Sunderland apparently showing an interest, his future looks set to be away from Upton Park.
“I love Blackpool and we had a better season than many people expected but to go down was heartbreaking,” he told a national publication.
You may also want to watch:
“I played in the Prem before with Birmingham and maybe I wasn’t ready for it then. But this time I was.
“There’s nothing like playing at Old Trafford, Anfield and Stamford Bridge. Now I want more of it. I think I’ve proved I can play at the top.”
- 1 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 2 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 3 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 4 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 5 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 6 Hackney resident urges women to consider careers in construction
- 7 New photography book celebrates Hackney’s residents of all ages
- 8 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 9 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 10 Hackney writer creates web series to deter young people from "street life"
And with a buy out clause set at �1.25million it is likely the former Leicester City striker will get his wish.