Alleged West Ham target DJ Campbell set for Premier League stay
Blackpool striker set to stay in the top flight
Blackpool striker DJ Campbell is likely to remain in the Premier League and not join West Ham.
The London-born forward netted 13 times for the Tangerines last season as the Lancashire club followed the Hammers and dropped out of the top flight.
Reports had linked the 29-year-old with a move to east London and the Hammers have alledgedly made a bid for Campbell, but with the likes of Premier League clubs QPR and Sunderland apparently showing an interest, his future looks set to be away from Upton Park.
“I love Blackpool and we had a better season than many people expected but to go down was heartbreaking,” he told a national publication.
You may also want to watch:
“I played in the Prem before with Birmingham and maybe I wasn’t ready for it then. But this time I was.
“There’s nothing like playing at Old Trafford, Anfield and Stamford Bridge. Now I want more of it. I think I’ve proved I can play at the top.”
- 1 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 2 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 3 Empty Hoxton car parks and garages to be turned into homes
- 4 Hackney reviewing whether court ruling impacts low-traffic neighbourhoods
- 5 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 6 Restaurant owner delivers treats to Homerton Hospital
- 7 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 8 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 9 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 10 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
And with a buy out clause set at �1.25million it is likely the former Leicester City striker will get his wish.