Anthony Yarde to fight Sergey Kovalev for WBO Light Heavyweight Championship in Russia
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Anthony Yarde will fight WBO light heavyweight champion Sergey Kovalev in Russia on August 24.
The Hackney born boxer was last in the ring in March when he stopped the American Travis Reeves in five rounds at the Royal Albert Hall.
The victory took his unbeaten record to 18 wins and he will now be hoping to secure the Light Heavyweight Championship when he fights in Russia.
Kovalav regained the belt by beating Eleider Alvarez on points in February having first won the belt six years ago by beating Nathan Cleverly in Cardiff.
Now 36, the Russian has had 37 bouts, winning 33, and will be fighting in his home town just outside of Moscow.
You may also want to watch:
Yarde first entered the professional ranks having only had 12 amateur fights.
The 27-year-old has since won 17 of his fights inside the 12 rounds and will be looking to do the same when he travels to Russia.
- 1 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 2 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 3 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 4 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 5 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 6 New Exhibition celebrates Hackney scenes
- 7 Hackney welcomes back eager gym-goers and swimmers
- 8 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 9 Delivery service helps local shops in Hackney, Islington and Tower Hamlets
- 10 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12