Anthony Yarde to fight Sergey Kovalev for WBO Light Heavyweight Championship in Russia
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Anthony Yarde will fight WBO light heavyweight champion Sergey Kovalev in Russia on August 24.
The Hackney born boxer was last in the ring in March when he stopped the American Travis Reeves in five rounds at the Royal Albert Hall.
The victory took his unbeaten record to 18 wins and he will now be hoping to secure the Light Heavyweight Championship when he fights in Russia.
Kovalav regained the belt by beating Eleider Alvarez on points in February having first won the belt six years ago by beating Nathan Cleverly in Cardiff.
Now 36, the Russian has had 37 bouts, winning 33, and will be fighting in his home town just outside of Moscow.
You may also want to watch:
Yarde first entered the professional ranks having only had 12 amateur fights.
The 27-year-old has since won 17 of his fights inside the 12 rounds and will be looking to do the same when he travels to Russia.
- 1 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 2 Hackney reviewing whether court ruling impacts low-traffic neighbourhoods
- 3 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 4 Lower Clapton blaze damages maisonette
- 5 Empty Hoxton car parks and garages to be turned into homes
- 6 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 7 Restaurant owner delivers treats to Homerton Hospital
- 8 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 9 Sawing-in-half trick reaches century since first show in Finsbury Park
- 10 Community lifelines: Volunteer 'superheroes' feed Hackney people in need