Birkbeck find formula to beat Alchemists in cup clash
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
George James netted a hat-trick for Birkbeck B as they overcame Alchemists 4-2 in the Hackney & Leyton Junior Cup.
Liam Headley scored the fourth Birkbeck goal, while Joseph Markou and Eddie Okuta replied for Alchemists. Deene also progressed to the next round after a 2-1 victory over FC Manor, with Kain Low and Chaynie Burgindomier on the mark.
Max Hill and Brett Zimmerman grabbed the goals for South London Sharks in their 2-1 win against Quinine, while Seb Burton and Felix Byne were on target as Bocca Albion beat Wenlock B by the same scoreline.
Goals from Alfie Moss, Mohammed Hamdoumi and Harry Smith enabled Wenlock A to edge out Bethune 3-2, despite Donny Corbally and Rhys Hart getting their names on the scoresheet.
Meanwhile, Charley Heatley hit a hat-trick in the Hackney & Leyton League Premier Division to secure a 3-1 victory for Mile End against Mustard, with Dean Phillips replying.
You may also want to watch:
There were braces for Oraldo Kola and Elton Dervishaj as Riviera triumphed 4-1 against Shakespeare, while Danny Bird netted both the El Valiente goals in their 2-2 draw with London United Sports.
Koliq Kashmir struck twice for FC Krystal, with Bogdan Hevchuk also on the mark, to clinch a 3-2 victory against FC Bartlett, for whom Mark Bergin and Michael Williams replied.
- 1 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 2 Students earn scholarships at top schools worth £150,000
- 3 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder
- 4 £5.75m investment agreed for "historic" Clapton leisure centre
- 5 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 6 Vacant Grade I-listed Shoreditch church to be restored and revamped
- 7 Dangerously overloaded vans leaving New Spitalfields Market taken off the road
- 8 'It's like toilet', say Dalston residents who have had enough of broken locks, rats and scaffolding
- 9 Hackney residents plan to make noise for more representative voting systems
- 10 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
In Division One, Brazilian Boys overcame Top Red 5-2 with goals from Ray Gabriel, Hugo Leonardo, Diego Bitencourt, Lucius Braganza and Matheus Eduardo.
Bristow City defeated Hacquenye by the same scoreline, while Eagle won 3-1 against AFC Stepney with Tayin Goode, Johnny Tamia and Tommy Amos on the scoresheeet.
Sammy Anjorin netted both goals in Highfield’s 2-0 success over Kentish Albion, while Birkbeck A and Dynamics drew 3-3 and Nikolay Hristo and Krasi Kamdosev scored as the Challengers beat Athletico Forest 2-1.
David Smith’s hat-trick helped Boroughs United to a 5-2 victory against BG United in Division Two, with Denzil Reid and Abraham Udofia also on target.
Ten-man Boston Celtics came from behind to beat Hacimac 3-1 with Berat Er scoring all three, while Chris Dennehy’s double helped Delta Athletic to a 3-0 victory over Walthamstow Red Star.
Harry Rimmer hit the net four times as Barry St Germain hammered Heegan 6-2, while Jay Cubed won 3-1 against Regent’s Park, and Martin Davies struck a hat-trick in Hackney Wednesday’s 4-0 victory against Tommy Flynn.
James Matthews and Jack Male both registered doubles as Gladstone beat Wojak 5-1 in Division Three, with Graham Bates also on the mark. Nick Ashworth netted the Wojak consolation goal.
Wajid Abdulmalik grabbed four goals for Eastside Allstars as they won 6-1 against Football Club 22 in Division Four, with Sheriff Odukoya and Joe Falzone also scoring one apiece.
Boundary Estate defeated Bow Badgers 6-3, with Marcio Ceccarelli hitting a hat-trick and George Corden adding two, while Kane Reid’s brace helped East London to a 4-1 victory over Eastway Olympia.