Birkbeck Orient slump to shock defeat in Hackney & Leyton Junior Cup
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGSPHOTO
Division Three leaders Birkbeck Orient suffered their second cup shock in the space of a week with a 6-3 hammering by Division Four Wojack Sunday in the Hackney and Leyton Junior Cup preliminary round.
Sean Moore grabbed a hat-trick for the underdogs, while Bradley Carter, Ian Bruce and Stephen Savva were all on target. Birkbeck’s goals came from Johnny Millard, Ryan Gray and Mac Page, but those strikes were not enough to rescue their side.
Division Four outfit Leyton Manor edged out City Flyers of Division Three in a thrilling 4-3 win.
Sergioda Silum scored twice, and there were further goals from Michael Listoneux and Daniel Torres for Leyton.
Sean Goss, Matt Stevens and Mickey Parker scored the goals for the Flyers.
You may also want to watch:
Division Three side FC Duchess needed extra-time to see off Eastway Olympia of Division Four.
The contest ended 2-2 after 90 minutes, but it was Duchess who triumphed in the extra period, winning 4-3 thanks to goals from Timmy Harrison, who scored twice, Ricky Hammose and Curtley Shallow.
- 1 Fears soft play centre Kidzmania could be at threat due to flats plan
- 2 Still no justice for Hackney flat party stabbing victim Elyon Poku
- 3 Letter on LTN scheme in Stoke Newington
- 4 Residents' thoughts on Stoke Newington Church Street LTN
- 5 Cinema set to open in Finsbury Park in time for No Time to Die
- 6 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 7 Hackney Half runners prepare for the fitness festival weekend
- 8 McDonald's boycott backed by Diane Abbott, Hackney MP
- 9 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 10 Hackney acid attack: Man charged over 2019 assault which left two with life-changing injuries
Jason Gardner, Daniel Little and Stefan Boyce-Hall replied for Eastway.
Maynell FC were in top form with a 5-0 thumping of Bow Badgers, with goals from Patrick Fitzpatrick and Lee Brown, who each bagged doubles, and Ken Cengie.
Elsewhere in the cup, FC Haggerston won 6-3 against Shoreditch Penguins and Stratford Athletic hammered The Prince of Bow 6-1.
Meanwhile, in the Premier Division, leaders Phoenix remain at the summit despite losing to FC Bartlett.
Vincent Williams grabbed a hat-trick and Shawn Hinds was also on target for Bartlett. Jamie Killingback scored for Phoenix.
Niva-Unistream joined Mustard FC in second place in the table thanks to a 3-1 win over Red Devils. C Small, C Troncim and Nivas were the men on target, while Pierey replied for the Devils.
Black Meteors edged out Mustard FC thanks to a goal by Enoch Boateng.
In the local derby, RL United won 4-0 against Albion Manor with goals from Darren Whelan, who hit two, Jason Elliot and Anthony White.