Birkbeck Orient slump to shock defeat in Hackney & Leyton Junior Cup
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGSPHOTO
Division Three leaders Birkbeck Orient suffered their second cup shock in the space of a week with a 6-3 hammering by Division Four Wojack Sunday in the Hackney and Leyton Junior Cup preliminary round.
Sean Moore grabbed a hat-trick for the underdogs, while Bradley Carter, Ian Bruce and Stephen Savva were all on target. Birkbeck’s goals came from Johnny Millard, Ryan Gray and Mac Page, but those strikes were not enough to rescue their side.
Division Four outfit Leyton Manor edged out City Flyers of Division Three in a thrilling 4-3 win.
Sergioda Silum scored twice, and there were further goals from Michael Listoneux and Daniel Torres for Leyton.
Sean Goss, Matt Stevens and Mickey Parker scored the goals for the Flyers.
You may also want to watch:
Division Three side FC Duchess needed extra-time to see off Eastway Olympia of Division Four.
The contest ended 2-2 after 90 minutes, but it was Duchess who triumphed in the extra period, winning 4-3 thanks to goals from Timmy Harrison, who scored twice, Ricky Hammose and Curtley Shallow.
- 1 "Heartless" Joshua White killers jailed for life
- 2 Broken De Beauvoir Estate lift saw man "bump" wife in wheelchair down stairs
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 Hackney Rabbi campaigns with Idris Elba, Ed Sheeran, Lewis Hamilton and others to Never Forget Stephen Lawrence
- 5 ‘We are still human’: homeless households speak out over living conditions
- 6 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 7 Hackney police commander calls on community to "play its part" in crime prevention
- 8 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
- 9 Calls for black women's voices to also be heard in light of Sarah Everard death
- 10 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
Jason Gardner, Daniel Little and Stefan Boyce-Hall replied for Eastway.
Maynell FC were in top form with a 5-0 thumping of Bow Badgers, with goals from Patrick Fitzpatrick and Lee Brown, who each bagged doubles, and Ken Cengie.
Elsewhere in the cup, FC Haggerston won 6-3 against Shoreditch Penguins and Stratford Athletic hammered The Prince of Bow 6-1.
Meanwhile, in the Premier Division, leaders Phoenix remain at the summit despite losing to FC Bartlett.
Vincent Williams grabbed a hat-trick and Shawn Hinds was also on target for Bartlett. Jamie Killingback scored for Phoenix.
Niva-Unistream joined Mustard FC in second place in the table thanks to a 3-1 win over Red Devils. C Small, C Troncim and Nivas were the men on target, while Pierey replied for the Devils.
Black Meteors edged out Mustard FC thanks to a goal by Enoch Boateng.
In the local derby, RL United won 4-0 against Albion Manor with goals from Darren Whelan, who hit two, Jason Elliot and Anthony White.