Borough have two at the English Schools
ON the face of it, the Borough of Hackney wouldn t seem to have any competitors in this weekend s blue riband event in schools sport – the English Schools Athletics Championships at Gateshead tomorrow (Friday) and on Saturday. That s because the London te
ON the face of it, the Borough of Hackney wouldn't seem to have any competitors in this weekend's blue riband event in schools sport - the English Schools Athletics Championships at Gateshead tomorrow (Friday) and on Saturday.
That's because the London team - which is drawn solely from the 13 Inner London boroughs - doesn't contain a single name of a young athlete from a Hackney school.
But the borough will have two representatives at the English Schools, because two Hackney residents attend schools over the border in Islington and are listed under the neighbouring borough.
Both Nathan Hanson, who is just 13 and is a former pupil at Petchey Academy, Shacklewell Lane, Dalston, is in the junior boys 200 metres. He now attends the Islington Arts & Media School.
You may also want to watch:
Among the senior boys is the very highly rated Jordan Aromasodu, who contests the senior boys 400 metres hurdles and is a possible for the European Junior Championships in the next year or so. Although from London Fields, Jordan, 16, is at the Central Foundation Boys School, Islington, just over the Hackney border.
Both boys are members of Victoria Park & Tower Hamlets AC and are two of seven youngsters that the local athletics club have at the championships.
- 1 'The pressure is intense': Hoxton vegan chef competes in Great British Menu
- 2 London Fields: Woman's cheekbone fractured in broad daylight attack
- 3 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street forces Moorfields Eye Hospital to close
- 4 What can open in Hackney when lockdown rules ease on May 17?
- 5 All you need to know about the Hackney by-elections on May 6
- 6 Hackney New School to complain to Ofcom over damning ITV report
- 7 London Assembly election 2021: Meet the north east candidates
- 8 London elections 2021 live: Latest results as they come in
- 9 Anti-LTN independent candidates deny creating new political party
- 10 Doctors 'concerned' patients' health will suffer due to non-Covid backlog