Boroughs pay the penalty again as Delta Athletic snatch Jack Morgan Cup
- Credit: Dave Simpson/TGSPHOTO
Boroughs United suffered penalty heartbreak in their second final of the season, as Delta Athletic twice came from behind to secure the Jack Morgan Cup on penalties.
Charleston Prince gave Boroughs an early first-half lead before Bailey Morgan equalised. Michael Romeo restored Boroughs’ advantage in extra-time but, after Morgan again levelled, Delta kept their nerve to secure a 4-1 win in the shoot-out.
In the Hackney & Leyton League Premier Division, Clapton Rangers have extended their lead at the top after thrashing second-placed Shakespeare 4-0.
Bradley Drisdale gave Rangers the lead, but Shakespeare squandered the chance to level from the penalty spot.
Maurice Byfield made them pay by doubling Clapton’s lead on the stroke of half-time, before Ashley Taylor-Forbes scored his 15th goal of the season and Nathan Scarborough completed the scoring.
You may also want to watch:
Yasser Tozl scored twice as Mustard comfortably overcame Tottenham Phoenix 4-1, while Mile End beat Young London Meteors by the same scoreline in the first of a double-header – and 2-0 in the other – as Jack Davis notched four goals in total.
In Division One, Dynamics beat relegated Newcresse 4-0, with goals from Ferhat Biloih, Engin Vaya, Christiano and Denis Arteacia.
- 1 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 2 Empty Hoxton car parks and garages to be turned into homes
- 3 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 4 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 5 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 6 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 7 Hackney reviewing whether court ruling impacts low-traffic neighbourhoods
- 8 Restaurant owner delivers treats to Homerton Hospital
- 9 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 10 Bedroom pop producer 'owes success to Hackney's creative community'
Highfield recorded a 5-1 win over promotion hopefuls Lions FC, as Tope Olateju struck a hat-trick, while Admir Kababulai netted twice to help Riviera beat Athletico Angels 4-2.
Hackney Allstars went one better as Patrick Powell and Jeff Smith both scored braces in a 5-2 win over MDM United, while Forest Athletic and Heegan drew 1-1.
In Division Two, Angel & Crown sealed the title with a 1-1 draw against Bristow City. Mark Amodio gave Bristow the lead, but Rick Hanmore equalised for Crown. Elsewhere, Haggerston thrashed Jay Cubed 5-0.
In Division Three, Regent’s Park Rovers moved a point clear at the top after drawing 1-1 with Top Red.
Sam Woodford and Sam Deas both scored twice as Stratford Athletic won 4-1 against Gladstone Wanderers, while Chapel United won 2-0 against Wenlock Arms.
In Division Four, Renaissance continue to lead the way after Fergal O’Donoghue scored twice in a routine 4-1 win over Leyton Manor.
Chris Gill’s late strike gave Dynamo Gobbler a 1-0 win over East London, while Waltham Forest triumphed 3-1 over Eastway Olympia.
Bottom club Bow Badgers took only their fourth point of the season in an entertaining 4-4 draw against Woodford Rovers, with William Samkh hitting a hat-trick.
Birkbeck Orient B edged out South London Sharks 1-0, while Bethune continued their fine form with a 4-3 victory over Wojack Sunday, as keeper Eddie Trevison stole the spotlight from hat-trick hero Sam Marshall with a goal from his own half.