Boroughs survive Sharks attack to reach Jack Morgan Cup final
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGSPHOTO
Late goals from David Frost and Charlie Casey enabled Boroughs United to avoid an upset against South London Sharks in the Jack Morgan Cup semi-final.
The Sharks, from Division Four, were leading their opponents from the league above through an Andy Spafford strike midway through the second half, but Frost and Casey turned the tie around for a 2-1 win.
Boroughs will now face Division Two side Delta Athletic, who overcame Chapel United 6-3 in the other semi-final with braces from both Bailey Moreau and Danyal Veu.
Delta’s tally was completed by Michael Da Costa and an own goal, while Daniel Monero scored twice for Chapel, with Johnny Fitzpatrick also on target.
London Young Meteors came crashing down to earth in the Premier Division after their recent Inter League Champions Cup triumph against MK Galacticos.
You may also want to watch:
Meteors slumped to a 6-0 defeat at the hands of Clapton Rangers, with Ricky Edwards and Ashley Taylor-Forbes grabbing two goals apiece and Bradley Drisdale and Maurice Byfield also on the scoresheet.
Niva-Unistream edged out Mile End 2-1, while Craig Heskey’s double helped FC Bartlett to a 3-1 victory over Mustard and Sacha Prigg netted twice for Shakespeare in their 3-0 win against New Kuba.
- 1 Queens Birthday Honours List 2021: MP Meg Hillier and poet Lemn Sissay among those recognised
- 2 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 3 5 great places in north London to watch England's Euro 2020 campaign
- 4 Woman accused of murdering man in Hackney appears in court
- 5 Diane Abbott to join 'Geffrye Must Fall' protest at museum reopening
- 6 Ridley Road market mask hero helps Hackney people through the pandemic
- 7 The Museum of the Home 'welcomes peaceful protest' over Geffrye statue
- 8 Hackney could lose Dalston ward to Islington under proposed redrawing of electoral map
- 9 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 10 Woman charged with murder after Stamford Hill fatal stabbing
FC Krystal and Forest Athletic shared the spoils with a 2-2 draw in Division One, while Quincey Roberts registered a hat-trick and Jeff Smith scored twice as Hackney All Stars thrashed Heegan 6-1.
Highfield defeated Riviera 3-1 thanks to Tope Olategu’s brace and a single goal for Pat Dunn.
Lions triumphed 7-3 in a high-scoring encounter against Newcresse, while Thomas Brockbank’s double ensured that Athletico Angels saw off Wounded Knee 2-1.
Goals from Craig Chapman, Robert Townsend and Raymond Richardson helped Angel & Crown to squeeze past Birkbeck Orient B 3-2 in Division Two, while Jay Cubed beat Walthamstow Village 5-1.
BG United and Bristow City fought out a 2-2 draw, with Sam Anjurin scoring the only goal for Haggerston against City Fliers.
Ash Hausal hit a hat-trick for Stratford Athletic as they beat Boston Celtic 6-2 in Division Three, with Terrik Alleyne also hitting a treble in Football Club 22’s 5-2 win against Top Red.
Gladstone Wanderers fought back from three down to draw 3-3 with Wenlock Arms, while Bocca Albion and Maynell also drew, 1-1.
In Division Four, Eastway Olympia defeated East London 3-0, while there were also wins for Leyton Manor (4-2 against Bethune), Renaissance, (5-3 against Bow Badgers), Wojack Sunday (4-0 against Birkbeck Orient B) and Dynamo Gobbler (1-0 against Woodford Rovers).