Boroughs survive Sharks attack to reach Jack Morgan Cup final
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGSPHOTO
Late goals from David Frost and Charlie Casey enabled Boroughs United to avoid an upset against South London Sharks in the Jack Morgan Cup semi-final.
The Sharks, from Division Four, were leading their opponents from the league above through an Andy Spafford strike midway through the second half, but Frost and Casey turned the tie around for a 2-1 win.
Boroughs will now face Division Two side Delta Athletic, who overcame Chapel United 6-3 in the other semi-final with braces from both Bailey Moreau and Danyal Veu.
Delta’s tally was completed by Michael Da Costa and an own goal, while Daniel Monero scored twice for Chapel, with Johnny Fitzpatrick also on target.
London Young Meteors came crashing down to earth in the Premier Division after their recent Inter League Champions Cup triumph against MK Galacticos.
Meteors slumped to a 6-0 defeat at the hands of Clapton Rangers, with Ricky Edwards and Ashley Taylor-Forbes grabbing two goals apiece and Bradley Drisdale and Maurice Byfield also on the scoresheet.
Niva-Unistream edged out Mile End 2-1, while Craig Heskey’s double helped FC Bartlett to a 3-1 victory over Mustard and Sacha Prigg netted twice for Shakespeare in their 3-0 win against New Kuba.
- 1 Call for Hackney Council to refund £200,000 in 'unlawful' fines
- 2 A Level results 2022 live: Hackney schools as they come in
- 3 Two shootings in Hackney as Walthamstow murder probe launched
- 4 Plumber found guilty of road rage murder of Deliveroo driver
- 5 All Points East 2022: Gorillaz, Idles line-up and stage times
- 6 'Rest in peace child': Tributes paid to teenager stabbed to death
- 7 Dalston Lane closure after rider taken to hospital
- 8 Left in limbo – traders face silence as lease deadline looms
- 9 London Assembly: TfL urged to rethink plans to cut 78 bus routes
- 10 Man in 'life-threatening' condition after Hackney shooting
FC Krystal and Forest Athletic shared the spoils with a 2-2 draw in Division One, while Quincey Roberts registered a hat-trick and Jeff Smith scored twice as Hackney All Stars thrashed Heegan 6-1.
Highfield defeated Riviera 3-1 thanks to Tope Olategu’s brace and a single goal for Pat Dunn.
Lions triumphed 7-3 in a high-scoring encounter against Newcresse, while Thomas Brockbank’s double ensured that Athletico Angels saw off Wounded Knee 2-1.
Goals from Craig Chapman, Robert Townsend and Raymond Richardson helped Angel & Crown to squeeze past Birkbeck Orient B 3-2 in Division Two, while Jay Cubed beat Walthamstow Village 5-1.
BG United and Bristow City fought out a 2-2 draw, with Sam Anjurin scoring the only goal for Haggerston against City Fliers.
Ash Hausal hit a hat-trick for Stratford Athletic as they beat Boston Celtic 6-2 in Division Three, with Terrik Alleyne also hitting a treble in Football Club 22’s 5-2 win against Top Red.
Gladstone Wanderers fought back from three down to draw 3-3 with Wenlock Arms, while Bocca Albion and Maynell also drew, 1-1.
In Division Four, Eastway Olympia defeated East London 3-0, while there were also wins for Leyton Manor (4-2 against Bethune), Renaissance, (5-3 against Bow Badgers), Wojack Sunday (4-0 against Birkbeck Orient B) and Dynamo Gobbler (1-0 against Woodford Rovers).