Boroughs United beat Wounded Knee to reach cup semi-final
- Credit: Archant
Boroughs United are through to the semi-finals of the Dickie Davies Cup after they beat Wounded Knee 1-0 thanks to another strike from David Frost.
In the Hackney & Leyton Premier Division, FC Bartlett drew 2-2 with Young London Meteors after goals from Lee Henegan and Temi Tope were cancelled out by Prince Gyima and Print Amponsah for Meteors.
Athletico Angels came from 2-0 down to beat Birkbeck Orient 3-2 in Division One, with Sam Day’s opener followed by two from Nick Wurtem.
El Valiente dented Forest Athletic’s hopes of promotion after Ash Diamond and Joe Dady scored in a 2-2 draw. John Defoe and an own goal gave Forest a share of the spoils.
In Division Two, it was honours even between Jay Cubed and Delta Athletic with the 1-1 draw doing neither side any real favours in their quest to avoid the drop.
You may also want to watch:
Ben Owusu scored for Delta while Jalbez Snowden responded for Jay Cubed, leaving both sides hovering above the relegation zone and looking over their shoulders.
Tommy Flynns have no such worries as they enjoyed a resounding 9-1 success over hapless Quinine. Daniel Whiteman scored a hat-trick while Dwane Marson’s double was backed up by Darryl Morson, George White, Dwane Malcolm Worrel and David Vaughan.
- 1 "Heartless" Joshua White killers jailed for life
- 2 Broken De Beauvoir Estate lift saw man "bump" wife in wheelchair down stairs
- 3 Shocked woman finds bugs in unopened Lidl Paprika Jar
- 4 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 5 Hackney Rabbi campaigns with Idris Elba, Ed Sheeran, Lewis Hamilton and others to Never Forget Stephen Lawrence
- 6 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
- 7 Sadiq Khan: “Young People in Hackney remind me of myself 30 years ago”
- 8 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 9 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 10 Hackney police commander calls on community to "play its part" in crime prevention
Top Red also recorded a heavy win, beating BG United 10-2 with trebles from Matt Westlake, Tom Beardmore and Jack Hewitt as they kept up their own promotion push.
In Division Three, Regent’s Park Rovers are closing in on promotion after a comfortable 7-0 victory over ELE FC. Martin Pellummy took his tally to 28 goals for the season with another hat-trick, while Stuart Taggart, Mike Murray, Robert Stockwell and Alex Allgood were also on target.
Goals from Berat Eryureller, Rocket Price and Leigh Hartley were enough for Boston Celtics to overcome FC BKT 3-0, while Maynell beat Football Club 22 6-0 with goals from Ashton Henill and Elgin Cenciz and braces from Sal Cenciz and Muss Cenciz.
Gladstone Wanderers eased their relegation fears with a 3-2 victory over South London Sharks thanks to Rob Myers’ double and another from Graham Bates. Dan Smith and Callum Jones replied for the Sharks.
Waltham Forest United beat Bocca Albion 3-1 with goals from Pete Grant, Othelio Roleto and Ryan Leavens. Tim Linehan responded for Bocca but it was not enough to avoid defeat.
In Division Four, Bethune beat Boundary Estate 9-3 thanks to Anthony Alexander’s hat-trick and two from top scorer Charlie Cox.
Jeremie Returner scored all three of Boundary’s goals, but they were second-best throughout as John Vivas, Liam Greenaway, Ty Gannon and Toby Bland got their names on the scoresheet for Bethune.
Wenlock Arms beat Bow Badgers 5-2, with Joshua But’s double supported by Harry Smyth, Mohammad Hamoudi and Luke Sherrell, while Eastway’s game against Birkbeck B ended in a stalemate.