Boxing: Anthony Yarde to defend titles at Copper Box next month
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
The latest news from the local boxing scene
Hackney-born light heavyweight Anthony Yarde defends his WBO Inter-Continental and European titles against France’s Tony Averlant next month.
The 26-year-old fights on a Frank Warren and Queensberry Promotions bill at the Copper Box on February 10.
Yarde has won all 14 of his professional fights to date, with 13 victories coming inside the distance.
In Averlant, Yarde will come up a against a former European Union champion who has a record of 26 wins, nine losses and two draws.
To purchase tickets for the event, visit seetickets.com or call 0871 230 7148.
You may also want to watch:
n Hoxton-based Lion ABC hold their first amateur boxing show of 2018 at their headquarters in Pitfield Street on February 2.
With 15 bouts scheduled featuring 12 Lion boxers, it is expected to be a popular event.
- 1 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 2 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 3 Your Paper, Your Voice: We want to hear from you
- 4 'Betrayal of Tottenham Hotspur': fans slam European Super League plan
- 5 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
- 6 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 7 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 8 Roads, Museum of the Home, Living Wage and child exploitation
- 9 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 10 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
Doors open at 7pm for a 7.30pm start, with tickets priced at £15 for adults and £7 for under-15s.