Boxing: Anthony Yarde to defend titles at Copper Box next month
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
The latest news from the local boxing scene
Hackney-born light heavyweight Anthony Yarde defends his WBO Inter-Continental and European titles against France’s Tony Averlant next month.
The 26-year-old fights on a Frank Warren and Queensberry Promotions bill at the Copper Box on February 10.
Yarde has won all 14 of his professional fights to date, with 13 victories coming inside the distance.
In Averlant, Yarde will come up a against a former European Union champion who has a record of 26 wins, nine losses and two draws.
To purchase tickets for the event, visit seetickets.com or call 0871 230 7148.
You may also want to watch:
n Hoxton-based Lion ABC hold their first amateur boxing show of 2018 at their headquarters in Pitfield Street on February 2.
With 15 bouts scheduled featuring 12 Lion boxers, it is expected to be a popular event.
- 1 'They don't care,' says Hackney family living in mould-infested property
- 2 How Homerton Hospital staff took on the virus in the first year of Covid
- 3 Hackney Wick bar and restaurant opens with Two More Years to go
- 4 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness
- 5 New traffic measures as school brings pupils onto a single site
- 6 Legendary east London graffiti pub to reopen after 26 years
- 7 Stamford Hill North and Shoreditch hardest hit during Covid waves
- 8 Letter: Facilities needed to make LTNs work
- 9 Call for spare rooms and properties to help homeless people off the streets
- 10 Eggslut food truck to bring 'edible breakfast cloud' to Shoreditch
Doors open at 7pm for a 7.30pm start, with tickets priced at £15 for adults and £7 for under-15s.