Boxing: Hackney Boxing Academy get first title winner as Jermaine Williams wins London ABA Elite middleweight final
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
The latest news from the local boxing scene
Hackney Boxing Academy have their first ever champion after Jermaine Williams won the London ABA Elite middleweight title.
Williams took on Joshua Gustave of Fairbairn in the final, which was held at the Royal National Hotel in Russell Square.
In a contest where all three rounds were competitive, it was Williams that landed the more effective punches.
The middleweight got plenty of joy with his left jabs and right hands over to top of Gustave’s guard and took the title by a unanimous points decision.
You may also want to watch:
Williams is the first title winner for the Hackney Boxing Academy, who have only been going for a year.
The middleweight now progresses to the national quarter-finals, which take place at the University of East London on April 20.
- 1 Delivery couriers boycott Dalston McDonald's
- 2 Two of the best boozers in Hackney, voted for by readers
- 3 Hackney acid attack: Man charged over 2019 assault which left two with life-changing injuries
- 4 Stoke Newington eatery voted favourite café by Gazette readers
- 5 Hackney's field-to-fork cooking school opens in Lower Clapton
- 6 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 7 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 8 Undercover Met officers may have infiltrated Hackney CND
- 9 Complaints about noise neighbours soared in Hackney during the pandemic
- 10 Repair Shop's Jay Blades hosts bingo for older Londoners
If victorious, Williams will then take part in the semi-finals at the same venue the following day, before the final at the iconic York Hall on April 22 in which Williams will hope to compete.