Boxing: Homerton super lightweight Ohara Davies signs with Frank Warren
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
The latest news from the local boxing scene.
Homerton super lightweight Ohara Davies is looking forward to his next fight after signing with promoter Frank Warren.
Davies recently left the Matchroom stable and will get his first taste of action under Warren at The O2 on April 14.
The 26-year-old will compete on the undercard of Billy Joe Saunders’ WBO world middleweight title defence against fellow Brit Martin Murray.
Davies will hope his appearance on the card, which will be screened live on BT Sport, brings about a win in his first fight since September last year.
You may also want to watch:
• Hackney amateur Amo Singh was on the wrong side of a split decision in the quarter-finals in the National Youth Championships.
Singh, fighting in the 48kg category for Repton ABC, suffered a loss against Chesterfield rival Frazer Morgan in Doncaster.
- 1 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 2 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 3 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 4 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 6 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 7 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 8 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 9 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 10 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
Trainer Steve Walters said: We are disappointed Amo did not get the decision as I thought he won the first round, lost the second and edged the third.”