Boxing: Homerton super lightweight Ohara Davies signs with Frank Warren
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
The latest news from the local boxing scene.
Homerton super lightweight Ohara Davies is looking forward to his next fight after signing with promoter Frank Warren.
Davies recently left the Matchroom stable and will get his first taste of action under Warren at The O2 on April 14.
The 26-year-old will compete on the undercard of Billy Joe Saunders’ WBO world middleweight title defence against fellow Brit Martin Murray.
Davies will hope his appearance on the card, which will be screened live on BT Sport, brings about a win in his first fight since September last year.
You may also want to watch:
• Hackney amateur Amo Singh was on the wrong side of a split decision in the quarter-finals in the National Youth Championships.
Singh, fighting in the 48kg category for Repton ABC, suffered a loss against Chesterfield rival Frazer Morgan in Doncaster.
- 1 Residents' parking spaces removed for Church Street LTN
- 2 Hackney Half runners prepare for the fitness festival weekend
- 3 Hackney's pie and mash house son featured on MasterChef
- 4 New free map reveals the best walking routes in Hackney and Islington
- 5 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 6 Residents' thoughts on Stoke Newington Church Street LTN
- 7 Hackney's Liam Dillion aims for vacant English super-featherweight title
- 8 Still no justice for Hackney flat party stabbing victim Elyon Poku
- 9 McDonald's boycott backed by Diane Abbott, Hackney MP
- 10 Thousands oppose Stoke Newington Church Street bus gate
Trainer Steve Walters said: We are disappointed Amo did not get the decision as I thought he won the first round, lost the second and edged the third.”