Boxing: Homerton super lightweight Ohara Davies signs with Frank Warren
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
The latest news from the local boxing scene.
Homerton super lightweight Ohara Davies is looking forward to his next fight after signing with promoter Frank Warren.
Davies recently left the Matchroom stable and will get his first taste of action under Warren at The O2 on April 14.
The 26-year-old will compete on the undercard of Billy Joe Saunders’ WBO world middleweight title defence against fellow Brit Martin Murray.
Davies will hope his appearance on the card, which will be screened live on BT Sport, brings about a win in his first fight since September last year.
You may also want to watch:
• Hackney amateur Amo Singh was on the wrong side of a split decision in the quarter-finals in the National Youth Championships.
Singh, fighting in the 48kg category for Repton ABC, suffered a loss against Chesterfield rival Frazer Morgan in Doncaster.
- 1 Hackney people encouraged to shop local for April 12 reopening
- 2 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 3 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 4 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 5 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 6 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 7 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown
- 8 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 9 Tote bags help tackle homelessness and addiction
- 10 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
Trainer Steve Walters said: We are disappointed Amo did not get the decision as I thought he won the first round, lost the second and edged the third.”