Boxing: Jeffrey Ofori looks for more success at York Hall
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
The latest news from the Hackney boxing scene
Hackney-born super featherweight Jeffrey Ofori will be looking for his fifth win as a professional when he face Aleksandrs Birkenbergs on Saturday.
The 28-year-old meets the Latvian bruiser on a British Warrior promotion at the iconic York Hall in Bethnal Green this weekend.
On his last outing in February this year, Ofori outpointed Jamie Quinn in a bout that also took place at York Hall.
Sam Maxwell is another boxer born in Hackney later this month as he looks for a seventh straight win since turning professional in 2016.
The 29-year-old super lightweight will fight on the undercard of the WBO interim world featherweight title clash between Carl Frampton and Nonito Donaire in Belfast on April 21.
• Lion ABC are hosting their club show at their base in Pitfield Street, Hoxton this Saturday. Doors open at 4.30pm, while the boxing starts at 5pm and tickets can be purchased on the door.
- 1 'Catastrophic consequences': Thousands of unvaccinated could lose work at Homerton Hospital
- 2 Man rushed to hospital following Stoke Newington stabbing
- 3 Revealed: Hackney, Islington and Newham are boroughs with most LTNs
- 4 Travel disruptions: Hackney, Islington, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 5 Dalston delivery drivers demand shelter, safety and 'dignity'
- 6 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 7 Woman 'may face life-changing injuries' after Dalston e-scooter crash
- 8 Library of Things opens in Dalston: Steam cleaners, tools and more for rent
- 9 'We are trying to shift a culture': ending harassment of Hackney school pupils
- 10 Hackney leaders warn of long-term funding crisis