Boxing: Jeffrey Ofori looks for more success at York Hall
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
The latest news from the Hackney boxing scene
Hackney-born super featherweight Jeffrey Ofori will be looking for his fifth win as a professional when he face Aleksandrs Birkenbergs on Saturday.
The 28-year-old meets the Latvian bruiser on a British Warrior promotion at the iconic York Hall in Bethnal Green this weekend.
On his last outing in February this year, Ofori outpointed Jamie Quinn in a bout that also took place at York Hall.
Sam Maxwell is another boxer born in Hackney later this month as he looks for a seventh straight win since turning professional in 2016.
You may also want to watch:
The 29-year-old super lightweight will fight on the undercard of the WBO interim world featherweight title clash between Carl Frampton and Nonito Donaire in Belfast on April 21.
• Lion ABC are hosting their club show at their base in Pitfield Street, Hoxton this Saturday. Doors open at 4.30pm, while the boxing starts at 5pm and tickets can be purchased on the door.
- 1 New Aldi opens with help from Hackney pupils and Olympian
- 2 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 3 'Unbelievably awful’ - North London MPs react to David Amess stabbing
- 4 Two taken to hospital and driver arrested after car flips in Hackney
- 5 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 6 ‘People hit the deck’ - Londoners stunned by fighter jet flyover
- 7 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 8 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift
- 9 Woman battered Hackney Wetherspoons with axe as customers hid inside
- 10 Boiling Point: The film shot in one take inside a Hackney restaurant