Boxing: Jeffrey Ofori looks for more success at York Hall
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
The latest news from the Hackney boxing scene
Hackney-born super featherweight Jeffrey Ofori will be looking for his fifth win as a professional when he face Aleksandrs Birkenbergs on Saturday.
The 28-year-old meets the Latvian bruiser on a British Warrior promotion at the iconic York Hall in Bethnal Green this weekend.
On his last outing in February this year, Ofori outpointed Jamie Quinn in a bout that also took place at York Hall.
Sam Maxwell is another boxer born in Hackney later this month as he looks for a seventh straight win since turning professional in 2016.
You may also want to watch:
The 29-year-old super lightweight will fight on the undercard of the WBO interim world featherweight title clash between Carl Frampton and Nonito Donaire in Belfast on April 21.
• Lion ABC are hosting their club show at their base in Pitfield Street, Hoxton this Saturday. Doors open at 4.30pm, while the boxing starts at 5pm and tickets can be purchased on the door.
- 1 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 4 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 5 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 6 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 7 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 8 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 9 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 10 Delivery service helps local shops in Hackney, Islington and Tower Hamlets