Boxing: Jeffrey Ofori looks for more success at York Hall
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
The latest news from the Hackney boxing scene
Hackney-born super featherweight Jeffrey Ofori will be looking for his fifth win as a professional when he face Aleksandrs Birkenbergs on Saturday.
The 28-year-old meets the Latvian bruiser on a British Warrior promotion at the iconic York Hall in Bethnal Green this weekend.
On his last outing in February this year, Ofori outpointed Jamie Quinn in a bout that also took place at York Hall.
Sam Maxwell is another boxer born in Hackney later this month as he looks for a seventh straight win since turning professional in 2016.
You may also want to watch:
The 29-year-old super lightweight will fight on the undercard of the WBO interim world featherweight title clash between Carl Frampton and Nonito Donaire in Belfast on April 21.
• Lion ABC are hosting their club show at their base in Pitfield Street, Hoxton this Saturday. Doors open at 4.30pm, while the boxing starts at 5pm and tickets can be purchased on the door.
- 1 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 2 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 3 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
- 4 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 5 Homerton gardens renamed to sever slave trader ties and celebrate community hero
- 6 The "milkmen for beer" now deliver in Hackney
- 7 Met Office yellow warning for rain in London this weekend
- 8 Cinema and live music at All Points East's neighbourhood festival
- 9 Hackney choir billed as London talent to watch
- 10 Charity puts on community feasts to tackle food waste