Boxing: Jeffrey Ofori looks for more success at York Hall
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
The latest news from the Hackney boxing scene
Hackney-born super featherweight Jeffrey Ofori will be looking for his fifth win as a professional when he face Aleksandrs Birkenbergs on Saturday.
The 28-year-old meets the Latvian bruiser on a British Warrior promotion at the iconic York Hall in Bethnal Green this weekend.
On his last outing in February this year, Ofori outpointed Jamie Quinn in a bout that also took place at York Hall.
Sam Maxwell is another boxer born in Hackney later this month as he looks for a seventh straight win since turning professional in 2016.
You may also want to watch:
The 29-year-old super lightweight will fight on the undercard of the WBO interim world featherweight title clash between Carl Frampton and Nonito Donaire in Belfast on April 21.
• Lion ABC are hosting their club show at their base in Pitfield Street, Hoxton this Saturday. Doors open at 4.30pm, while the boxing starts at 5pm and tickets can be purchased on the door.
- 1 Lower Clapton restaurant to hold free meals event for struggling people
- 2 Jealous Dalston murderer stabbed victim through his heart with scissors
- 3 Hackney mother seeks compensation after living with mice infestation
- 4 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 5 Olympic boxer joins fight to make vegetable poverty history in Hackney
- 6 Hackney Half marathon to go ahead amid uncertain Covid restrictions
- 7 Stamford Hill singer says Hackney people helped him on creative path
- 8 Tributes paid to Hackney sports hero and coach Lloyd Cowan
- 9 Lower Clapton blaze damages maisonette
- 10 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse